Front suspension????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I've had the little bar, the solid GN bar, and the 36mm f body bar. I prefer the bigger bar. I'm currently using the f body bar with bilsteins. I think it's a nice set up, I drive it daily in the summer. I haven't done control arms or tall ball joints yet.
Thanx, guess I’ll stick with the big one I have.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
is the 1" swaybar hollow or solid?. It would be good to know what how much spring rate the bar will add so you can choose your springs accordingly

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
is the 1" swaybar hollow or solid?. It would be good to know what how much spring rate the bar will add so you can choose your springs accordingly
It’s a solid bar. I’ve been considering the Moog 5660s for springs

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm using the 1.25" (+/-) one that came on my SS frame, the old frame has the same size that I snatched off a Cutlass Supreme over 20 years ago. I also have greaseable poly bushings with it. The car did handle nice in the last configuration but it also had newer Moog springs that were listed for a SS with out A/C (been ages so I can't say what the p/n is.)

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
36mm from a Camaro, or better yet, Muscle bar from RideTech. It also gives more clearance for larger tires and wheels I'm currently running the 36mm Camaro bar, but will be stepping up to the Muscle Bar next year hopefully.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
36mm from a Camaro, or better yet, Muscle bar from RideTech. It also gives more clearance for larger tires and wheels I'm currently running the 36mm Camaro bar, but will be stepping up to the Muscle Bar next year hopefully.
I just checked out the RT musclebar, 38.10 mm and $525.00 at Summit. I sure don’t have anybody sponsoring this build so that’s for sure out of consideration. What’s the deatails about the Fbody 35 mm? What year, any mods required, is it worth it?

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
No mods, just need to buy bushings to fit it. Cheap on rockauto. I think I paid $6 for a pair of poly bushings. MAKE SURE to keep your original sway bar brackets! You MUST use those with any GM bar on our cars.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
MAKE SURE to keep your original sway bar brackets! You MUST use those with any GM bar on our cars.
You actually have to use the ones that came with the bar as the smaller bar brackets will not work with the bigger bar. I found this out when I first put the bigger 1.25" bar from a Cutlass on & the old bars ones didn't fit the bushing. Also make sure you have the bolts too as the bigger bar brackets use a smaller hex head to clear the bracket.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I used my g body brackets with the 36mm bar and aftermarket bushings. Worked perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor