fuel gauge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
my fuel gauge only works some times or when i hit major bump, so does that mean that their's still broken contact in the sending unit or is it the gauge it's self?

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
check the ground wire at the tank and frame. does it read full or empty when its not working?

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
each means something different but i don't remember which. one is bad ground and i think other is sending unit.

start with the ground wire and go from there. also check for proper power getting to the sender.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
There should be a thread or something on here, try searching. I had a similar problem, but forgot what each means as well (empty/full.) I just got a new sending unit from AutoZone for like $70.

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
anyone know brand autozones sending units are... cause summit has dorman ,just wondering if those are better then autozones brand

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Part "#" is 234314 FG08B. That's whats on my recipt. Don't remember seeing a brand name on the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor