fuel injected LT1 to carb how???

Status
Not open for further replies.
01GPGT said:
they make a coil on plug kit for the LT1. and you can not put a dizzy in a LT1 there is no pervintion in the block for one unless you are really good at drilling straight. GMPP does make a intake it is expensive though.

Oh there is a hole for a distributor in a lt-1 block

monte olrac said:
01GPGT said:
they make a coil on plug kit for the LT1. and you can not put a dizzy in a LT1 there is no pervintion in the block for one unless you are really good at drilling straight. GMPP does make a intake it is expensive though.

Oh there is a hole for a distributor in a lt-1 block

hmm next time i see one i will take a better look i thought on my friends impala it was a freeze plug there oh well

The block is machined for a distributer, but there is no hole in the intake manifold. There is a little stub drive under the intake that is geared to the cam and turns the oil pump drive. There was a website where someone was boring distributor holes in LT1 intakes and selling them to TPI car owners. The LT1 short runners make more power at higher rpm than TPI set ups. With the GM Perf. parts 4 bbl intake you leave out the stub drive and use a regular large cap HEI distributor.

x2 i don't know what to say. 3 blocks, frankensteined parts....

megaladon6 said:
x2 i don't know what to say. 3 blocks, frankensteined parts....

Same here, damn!! There's got to be a better way, and was it finished? It seemed to have left off at the offset thermostat housing :?:

TRX said:
The LT1 I'm converting to distributor/carb for my Malibu:

http://www.bacomatic.org/~dw/engine/lt1/lt1.htm

Man, you're either dedicated, psycho, or a dedicated pyscho for doing all this. :shock:

Kidding but seriously, why go through all of that when you could have either run the LT1 as is or just go with a regular GEN I? Was it the challenge?

Doing all of that you must have the patience of Joab!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor