High volume oil pump
High volume aluminum water pump
All aluminum 22% under drive pullies
Heddman 1 3/4 primary tubes 3 collector
TCI 200-4R trans
75-100 hp shot of nitrous.
770 cfm holley double pumper
11:1 compression
Now here's my question in not using the mechanical fuel pump imma use electric what's a good name to use and what gph and everything should I get?
Now this is unrelated but the car has a 307 right now not sure what trans and its a 7.5 rear would I be able to use the drive shaft for my swap until I swap the 7.5 with a 8.5?
I just don't have the money to do everything all at once and any ideas what gears I should run once I get my 8.5 in I have a new set of 3:42 gears for it but they were given to me and the car for the most part will only be a weekend car sometimes driven to work during the week and will have very minimal track time

If this were my car I would lower the compression to no more then 9.5-10.0 with iron heads, that's it with 93 gas. With a O.D. trans a 3.73 gear would be fine. My motor only lost 3 HP on the dyno with a mech. fuel pump. It is an Edelbrock not sure of the number but I think 110-130 gph. It is the largest self regulated pump and works fine at 540hp. I run aluminum heads and still only 10.5 compression. I say all this because you say this is mostly a street car. Someone else may add to this but I think the driveshaft is 1/2in to 1in different from 7.5 to 8.5.

Your compression is very high, hopefully it will run on 93. Can you get E85 in your area? You will need a carb designed to run on E85 only. Your motor may run hot with under drive pulleys, my 403 never cooled right with those pulleys and my 350 ran warmer at idle. The 8.5" drive shaft is supposedly an inch shorter.

The Robmc fuel pumps are the decent mechanical fuel pump for Olds. Don't run anything less than 3.73 gears with your combo.

If you're going the electric route then get a GN tank and intake Walbro pump. Best and most factory way of doing it.

You can get a complete fuel sender/hanger assembly from http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?Cc= ... =0&Tp=&Bc=

I would also reconsider the underdrive pullies. In my opinion they are more trouble than the few HP they may give you.

Are you running race gas in this engine? I have a 455 with 11.3:1 compression running on 93 octane but I have aluminum heads and EFI which helps. 11:1 with stock iron heads and pump gas will be risky.

My engine guy talked to me about the compression I just told him just keep me away from race gas and then the next day he called and said its gonna be 11:1 and I won't be able to run any less than 93 octane and up so I said alright that'd be fine. I was gonna do aluminum heads but didn't have the money for them and already had enough into the engine at the time. But thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor