Fuel tank differences/interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes, thats what I did. Its silver soldered. I was afraid of blowing up with the old tank so i filled it full of water and used a grinder to cut the old neck out and an inch or so around the neck of the tank itself. I then put it on the bench vise and heated it up and pulled it out.

I brought the new GN tank and old GM GP neck to a local rad shop and paid them $20 to solder it.

My first truck, an '88 Chebby, suffered from a leaky rotted tank. After I replaced the tank I tried lighting the old one up but, with 1/8 of a tank, it wouldn't go. I'm guessing there was no oxygen in there to support combustion. Probably for the best.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
They have small ones for Walbro pumps, but I wanted to see if they work from someone that used it. They're $155 and I ain't got that just to throw around, but I'd consider it if it works or on a new build. The slosh issue seems less on my 67 442 that has a Spectre EFI tank in it as opposed to the factory design Monte I have in the Bonneville.

we used foam in our fuel cell in the race car to prevent the fuel from sloshing around...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor