Funny Car Related meme's

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Not sure why but this reminds me of the store manager of the Pep Boys I worked at almost 30 years ago. He had an issue with his S10 Blazer's brakes & was low on fluid. The shop mechanics told him to add fluid which he did. Told the one mechanic I was freinds with they still was having issues. So he looked at the master cylinder to find that the manager filled the rubber gasket full. Had to educate the manager on how to check & fill a master cylinder. To give some back ground. the manager's last job before this was store manager at a Wendy's.
The company I work for I’ve been there a long time, probably to long. I’ve had to train more supervisors on what we do and look for that I care to think about.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
You've never worked for me haha.

I understand your sentiment though. I don't there is a job field that doesn't promote the incompetent or suck hole. Finding one that doesn't is the rare exception. In defense of ownership and upper management - take a look at the employee pool. And we (all of us in the US anyway) aren't helping by lowering testing standards so that everybody passes, or wins. No one learns to how to be winner f they don't know what it's like to lose.
Oh trust me I get the shthole of society that we have.. I have a whole thread on it haha

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
FB_IMG_1657318367336.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I just switched the location for my weekend job at Advance. why? this^^^^^ . the new manager has never worked in auto parts and doesn't even work on his own car. even the new Asst GM (who at least worked at the Zone) recognizes that I know more than he does about vehicles. he's such a poor manager, he's not even scheduling me any hours. and the GM at my new location doesn't understand why either. :blam:
I worked for them on and off for over 14 years. at the end I was the only one that really knew the way around a car... I'm not a natural born salesperson, but most of my customer base came back because I knew not to as if it was a 2wd or 4wd when they asked for wipers... funny thing is, 2 weeks after they fired me, the manager (a friend, business never got between)) called me laughing , and told me the DM that made him fire me, asked him: " if we ask nicely, you think he'll come back?" :LOL: Turns out most of the loyal customer base left when they found out.

short story long, they tend to hire alot of millenials that know how to access a computer... If you're making more that they are, they're trying to keep their P&L low, to maximize their own bonus. (I was a Asst manager for 3 years, then stepped down to commercial sales for a couple years)

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I worked for them on and off for over 14 years. at the end I was the only one that really knew the way around a car... I'm not a natural born salesperson, but most of my customer base came back because I knew not to as if it was a 2wd or 4wd when they asked for wipers... funny thing is, 2 weeks after they fired me, the manager (a friend, business never got between)) called me laughing , and told me the DM that made him fire me, asked him: " if we ask nicely, you think he'll come back?" :LOL: Turns out most of the loyal customer base left when they found out.

short story long, they tend to hire alot of millenials that know how to access a computer... If you're making more that they are, they're trying to keep their P&L low, to maximize their own bonus. (I was a Asst manager for 3 years, then stepped down to commercial sales for a couple years)
Back in the early 90’s I told a buddy to watch what happens as I walk into a AutoZone. Told the counter person “I have a 1978 Cutlass with a 455cid and need a fan belt”. They went through all the computer prompts. Finally got “I can’t find a listing.”
They never asked if it was stock or anything. We laughed as we left the store. The person just couldn’t figure out why they couldn’t find a listing.
Back then doing a BBO into a G-body was nearly unheard of.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Back in the early 90’s I told a buddy to watch what happens as I walk into a AutoZone. Told the counter person “I have a 1978 Cutlass with a 455cid and need a fan belt”. They went through all the computer prompts. Finally got “I can’t find a listing.”
They never asked if it was stock or anything. We laughed as we left the store. The person just couldn’t figure out why they couldn’t find a listing.
Back then doing a BBO into a G-body was nearly unheard of.
yeah, I remember last summer when a guy walked in the store and said "I need a new battery bolt for my red car outside, it's not clamping down properly." (he brought the bolt in with him too) I leaned sideways and looked out the front window...."you mean the red 1985 Monte Carlo SS with the HO 305 and the type 75 battery? does it also have the 8.5" rear axle?" (of course it wasn't marked as that since it was stock and the hood was closed). he just looked at me and said "HTH do you know that?" ...... me: "I've got old cars"

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Yoohoo.... may i come in?

Attachments

• ford slow.jpg
    ford slow.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor