G bodies in the winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
olds307 and 403 said:
Unless you hate your car, why would drive it in winter? Fair heat and salt eating it to nothing are two big reasons my car will never see winter again. Plus I got rid of my winter tires and replaced them with slicks, so I won't be tempted.

I POWERWASH MINE AFTER EVERY TRIP NO MATTER WHAT TIME OR TEMP IT IS OUTSIDE... THAT AND A COAT OF OIL/WD-40 WORKS MIRACLES AT KEEPING THE SALT OFF... BESIDES IT HANDLES BETTER THAN MY F350 XL SUPER DUTY, AND ITS MORE FUN....

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I can do that with my Challenger and not have my car rotted out.

two78malibus

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2011
Iowa
I drove my 78 Malibu for 10 years all year round the last 2 I have let it set because it is rotting away from me at a highly quick rate :(

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
pontiacgp said:
because it's a blast driving it in the winter. When I dove mine it was nice to be able to drift around corners and the cops never said anything. Try that in the summer and you'll pay the price. Plus the G body with posi, 4 snow tires and weight in the trunk they will go places a fwd won't make it.
This man speaks the truth. My cutlass is rarely going straight when it's snowing. Plus the cutlass flies under the radar better than my buddies cars when it's time for fun in the snow.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
two78malibus said:
I drove my 78 Malibu for 10 years all year round the last 2 I have let it set because it is rotting away from me at a highly quick rate :(
my 83 malibu rotted out to the point where the frame couldnt hold the rear bumber on... now its tied on with wire... poor old faithful "patriot", she served me well, she hasnt acted the same since i bought my mcss, i think her just seeing the monte in the driveway angered her... (yes, i speak of my cars as if they are people, they have attitudes to match)

two78malibus

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2011
Iowa
BPTTONE420012 said:
two78malibus said:
my 83 malibu rotted out to the point where the frame couldnt hold the rear bumber on... now its tied on with wire... poor old faithful "patriot", she served me well, she hasnt acted the same since i bought my mcss, i think her just seeing the monte in the driveway angered her... (yes, i speak of my cars as if they are people, they have attitudes to match)

Yes Both of my 78's have frame rot in the back I have tie down straps holding the bumper on my Current driver and the other is missing it entirely

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
I loved to drive my monte in the snow,i could put that thing broadside in the turns,but now that iv been fixing her up i would hate like hell to drive in in snow,id have to lay the red carpet out ;)

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
two78malibus said:
BPTTONE420012 said:
two78malibus said:

Yes Both of my 78's have frame rot in the back I have tie down straps holding the bumper on my Current driver and the other is missing it entirely

i just hope you don't have sex with your car like that dude i seen on that one tv show :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l66BZm_1rw

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor