G-Body cars appearing in unsolved mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I was just watching some unsolved mysteries episodes from back in the day and G Body cars repeatedly made appearances in unsolved mysteries. I found it fascinating, but then I thought about it and kind of doubt that murderers and victims of homicide gravitated toward the cars, it's just that they were probably a cheap used car that the production team routinely had found convenient at the time. New models with EFI had came out (by the time Robert Stack was host) and sent the value of the cars super low. Probably the killers/vics really drove other model cars but U/M didnt feel the need to hunt down those specific model cars and just opted for the cheaper price. If I'm wrong and U/M really did spend time/money pursuing character's cars that would be a pretty big coincidence how much death was associated w/ g body's back in the day lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36FMOxI ... re=related theres a 78- or 9 gp in this one. Of about 12 videos a G-body car appeared in 4 (25%) that i just watched !

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
wow I went to a different U/M page I didnt check out yesterday this time and the first thing I saw was yet another video involving a gbody car, this time it was described as being the model involved in the hit & run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nZVN3-F ... rofilepage

also see 'kaitlyn arquette' was one of the 4 that I saw one in yesterday. The husband is portrayed as ramming into some vietnamese insurance fraud scamsters and they actually do rear end an 87 cutlass at about 10 mph (from inside a chevette which cripples and the cutlass is intact lol) which looks very similar to mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzOeDWAvE0

CYBORG-GN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2011
ottawa, Ont
Geez, I just checked out some of the Unsolved Mysteries videos myself and you guys are 100% percent correct. Alot of bad sh_t going down by the owners of g-body cars ...creepy. You would think having such nice rides would of made more people fulfilled with their lives and overall result in less crazyness.

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
Well they did make millions of them back then 8) They were very popular.
The Cutlass was at the top of the most stolen car list for quite a few years.
Look at all the freaking toyota camrys and other j* cars now. Im sure lotsa crazy people and criminals drive them. :D

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
don't mean to hijackthe thread but my moms bf told me a story about a GN that raced a corvette and while they were racing they hit people that were crossing the street and kept going, I think my moms bf said that the GN owners father was high up in the police force and they started to cut the car up that nfht in the garage but they were caught half way through and were arrested...I hope someone can tell me ifthey have heard of it lol I just wanna know

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
79wagonator said:
Well they did make millions of them back then 8) They were very popular.
The Cutlass was at the top of the most stolen car list for quite a few years.
Look at all the freaking toyota camrys and other j* cars now. Im sure lotsa crazy people and criminals drive them. :D

yup, the cutlass was stolen so much it recently dropped off the most stolen list a couple years ago.

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
don't mean to hijackthe thread but my moms bf told me a story about a GN that raced a corvette and while they were racing they hit people that were crossing the street and kept going, I think my moms bf said that the GN owners father was high up in the police force and they started to cut the car up that nfht in the garage but they were caught half way through and were arrested...I hope someone can tell me ifthey have heard of it lol I just wanna know
It was on Hempstead tpke The Vette hit and killed the person and that was the car they cut up.
I went to school with the driver Vinny he lived in the same neighborhood and his father was a retired cop. They were scattering pieces of the car in dumpsters and sh*t.
Street racng kills :evil: .
Thats why we need a dragstrip on LI again.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
79wagonator said:
1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
It was on Hempstead tpke The Vette hit and killed the person and that was the car they cut up.
I went to school with the driver Vinny he lived in the same neighborhood and his father was a retired cop. They were scattering pieces of the car dumpsters and sh*t.
Street racng kills :evil: .
Thats why we need a dragstrip on LI again.
damn! thanks for clearing that up for me, thats crazy that you knew the kid! i heard that really "made" the gn more popular bec it was keeping up with a vette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor