G Body Heater/AC Box Seal Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
So can you offer some insight on removing the heater box? I watched the g body garage video. Do I need to remove the dash? Do I need to take the fender off? I have that kit you have and the firsr thing it says is that you need to havevthe motor out..

Its easier with no motor because you can climb in there and everythings in front of you but it doesnt have to be. You should remove the plastic inner fender though. It makes it easy to get to the last bottom bolts. You need to make sure that EVERY bolt that holds it to the firewall is out before you try to get it out or you'll snap the lip of the box. Ive seen that happen. Im sure you can get it apart without pulling the dash but in my case it was all apart already. You have screws inside that have to be removed. They hold the ducts to the box. Its a pain in the *ss and it takes a good amount of time. Just dont rush and make sure everything is loose before you try to pry stuff apart. Last thing you want to do is snap a piece of plastic.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That is a cool kit. But GM also used a lot of that dirty green looking foam as well. When that sh*t was still available, like a moron, I bought all that crap too with the peel and stick backing adhesive on it. Although it's still soft and "foamy" at the moment, I think by the time I go to use it the stuff will be crumbly and dry again. :) Another reason you don't buy GM stuff with foam in it for future use.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Bringing this back from the dead.

Anybody have instructions with decent pics? The instruction sheet I have has pics so dark you can barely make them out. After taking my A/C Box apart I have a real good idea of how to seal everything, but pics (you could see) would have been nice.

Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor