G Body rare last year 1999 Riviera

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck3647

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2021
According to GM the front wheel full size supercharged touring coupe Riviera was built on the G body format am I still allowed to join this group? I only see up to years 1988

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Not a g body. It's fwd, no g bodies for this page, are fwd. 1978-1987 only, handful of 1988's that carried over the same models for part of the year into 1988.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You are allowed to join, just realize it is not a G body. We celebrate the last full frame, RWD coupes that GM made. Yes, there are also 4 door versions, not to insult a sedan man.

Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I always appreciated that piece of trivia, gm recycled the g-body designation for the last generation riviera.

So they are a gbody, just not our gbody.

You can try dashboard aka https://rivperformance.editboard.com/

The site has severely died down over the years.

A great place for 3800/4t60(65)e drivetrain info and mods oddly enough is www.fiero.nl because of how many swap that power plant into the fieros.

So, you will get varied amounts of help here in the off topic forum, but, yeah. You can try those too.

Unless your 99 is rust free and has a blue, red, or green interior and you want to sell it. I'm on the look out for one of those....

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
According to GM the front wheel full size supercharged touring coupe Riviera was built on the G body format am I still allowed to join this group? I only see up to years 1988
Yes, of course you are allowed to join. As already evidenced, some of the members here are even knowledgeable on those cars. You could start a thread in the "non-G-Body projects" section. Your's would be a non-G-Body, G-Body. :unsure:

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I always appreciated that piece of trivia, gm recycled the g-body designation for the last generation riviera.

So they are a gbody, just not our gbody.
I must be one of the odd balls, I still see our generation of cars as A-bodies since they are the 4th generation of that platform. I even still see my '81 Monte as a 3rd generation Monte, not a 4th as others claim they are. But anyone willing help keep the flame lit for this hobby is welcomed in my eyes.

Reactions: 5 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I must be one of the odd balls, I still see our generation of cars as A-bodies since they are the 4th generation of that platform. I even still see my '81 Monte as a 3rd generation Monte, not a 4th as others claim they are. But anyone willing help keep the flame lit for this hobby is welcomed in my eyes.
The fact that they totally changed the body for 81 is why some consider it the 4th generation.
GM really loved confusing people through the 80s

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The fact that they totally changed the body for 81 is why some consider it the 4th generation.
GM really loved confusing people through the 80s
They did it with others & they are still considered the same generation. '56 Vettes, '70 Chevelles, the other three '81 A-special cars, '88 Cavalier/Sunbird coupes for some examples.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
They did it with others & they are still considered the same generation. '56 Vettes, '70 Chevelles, the other three '81 A-special cars, '88 Cavalier/Sunbird coupes for some examples.
All the confusion with the Cutlass cars of the 80s had to be the worst

buck3647

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2021
Do not know why folks say that this Riviera is not a G body when GM says it is? GM used the G body for front wheel Riviera and I believe Grand National do a fact check. have a white red green burgundy for sale all completely restored new engines intercoolers added this is a sleeper collectible less than 100 exist, a G body collectible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor