G Body with 22" wheels? How do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmack

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2012
just made my intro....
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37839

I only have 20" on my G Body how are these guys putting 22" with out rubbing???

My 20" rubbed up front and i just put 1" rubber spacers under the front springs.. took care of the rubbing problem and to my surprise it handles great or even better... Not happy with the 2" in height i gained tho... was hoping only for 1" lift.
My car has 25K original miles.. the car is 25 years old now do the springs go bad just from sitting? i was wondering if i shoulda just replaced the springs with new ones but that was more expensive and my mechanic said they do not go bad or wear just from sitting....

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
New springs was the way to got. They do wear out after almost 30 years. New springs will lift you up enough for 22's for sure. Unless you have big tires. Q-Dub should be able to answer any rim questions you have.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
All u need to do is cut the inner front fender about 1" no new springs reqired, or spacers..all mine is stock after i did my front suspension..oh and tire size 245/30/22 and u wont have n e problems...

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
somethin is wrong if you got 20s rubbing. what size tire you running? whats your wheel offset. you running a nine inch 20?

Ive got 20s on both my g bodys with a three inch drop and they dont rub.. but mine are 20 by 8 and with a 4 1/2 inch backspacing and tires are 245/35/20. i suggest you find out your backspacing on your rims and the width. cause with the right size rims and tires you can tucks 20s nicely with no rub..

Tmack

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2012
redboy504 said:
New springs was the way to got. They do wear out after almost 30 years. New springs will lift you up enough for 22's for sure. Unless you have big tires. Q-Dub should be able to answer any rim questions you have.

im running 20" wheels and i dont want 22" and i really doubt that new stock springs will clear 22" just my opinion..

Tmack

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2012
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
All u need to do is cut the inner front fender about 1" no new springs reqired, or spacers..all mine is stock after i did my front suspension..oh and tire size 245/30/22 and u wont have n e problems...

i cant cut on my car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor