Gas return line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldscarnut

Master Mechanic
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
I'm working on step 13 while the engine is still in step 2, but I have to collect the parts before I can get to work. My G Body has a gas return line, but my '68 Olds 350 fuel pump only has an inlet and outlet. Can I just stub off the return line, and does this affect the cap I use, like vented or not vented? Does the G Body Olds fuel pump work on the older engine and should I be getting that instead?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
could also get a 307 pump...
pretty sure they'd work.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Agreed. I would try to get a 3 port pump if possible if'n it were me. One bolt and a nut (unless you took out the stud), one gasket, and boom. Swapped out in a matter of minutes.

Unless you have a brandy new 2 port pump on it now. If it's used, you can replace it with a quality 3 port pump and feel good about it. If it's new, though, maybe don't spend the money just yet and see how it goes. If it vapor locks on you, you'll know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor