GBF at 2014 Carlisle GM Nats, interested? (6/20-22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
I LOVE going to Carlisle. All of their events are fairly big. It would be great to have a large turn out for gbodies. Glad you were asked by them to attend. Means the cars are getting respect.

"Another option is that we could *possibly* hold a dedicated G-Body event at the Carlisle grounds.... "

I HOPE SO.
- this could be start of something big Big BIG for gbody enthusiasts and added motivation to get projects ready by summer.

I AM IN!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
If we have a tent and a presence as a club i will make sure that I will be there with at least two of my cars and Ill push Brian Weaver to bring parts to give away for free :rofl: ...only for GBF members!!! :lol: :lol:

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
tobyp said:
If we have a tent and a presence as a club i will make sure that I will be there with at least two of my cars and Ill push Brian Weaver to bring parts to give away for free :rofl: ...only for GBF members!!! :lol: :lol:
Our old facility was about 25 minutes away from Carlisle. It got to the point we just opened up the shop all weekend. Grilled drank a few beers etc. People would go there & there were no vendors except Mike's Montes for Gbody's. Mike & I sat up beside each other 1 year. So instead of saying yes we have that but it is back at our shop people would go to carlisle & just stop in to pick up what they needed.

BUT if it will be an GBF event I would attend & give free parts away & just bill Toby.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Alright. Lets do this. I'm waiting to hear about the exact link you'll want to use to register. But if we can get 25 confirmed cars in the show, then I'll be there and we'll set something up for sure. We'll have to do something like post a picture of your sticker or something. Not sure yet of the details how this will all play out, but lets do it. Hell, if I can get my crap together and get the GP back on its feet again I may find a way to get her up there.

What I've been told:
- we get at least 25 cars registered in "the club" then we can have a tent. I don't know exactly what that means yet, but 20x20 was thrown around.
- We can get tables and chairs, there's wifi on site, but electricity would be a real problem.
- Was told we couldn't sell anything but I don't know the details on that. I'm guessing its to keep us from stiffing/competing with the food vendors, I'll press on that one.

I think there's a deadline of sometime in May, but that's plenty of time to get this figured out. Stand by! :mrgreen: Even if we don't get the 25, I think I'll go anyway and we'll do something on the side... or something.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
My brother has 3 g-bodies, too maybe i could borrow one for a car to have there. I know my wagon won't be roadworthy just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor