gbodyparts rear end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
I know i could just call them but they're closed right now and im bored so i decided to post this. I was wondering if anyone has had any expierence with the rear ends that gbodyparts.com sells. It says drum to drum so i am assuming its complete, but doesnt say what ratio it is, also its only listed under the buick section, i know all g body rears are interchangable so again i can assume it will work for a cutlass, just thought it was weird how they only listed it under the buick section. Has anyone ( or know of anyone ) who has bought one of these, and if so are they worth a damn or are they crap?? 950 for a complete posi rear seems like a pretty good deal and id rather spend a few hundred more bux getting a better rear than re-build my 7.5 Thanks for any info!!!! :D

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Ok i called them, apparently they are used pulled from grand nationals...still, has anyone bought one of these. Are they in good cond. or do they need to be rebuilt?

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
cdg1984 said:
Ok i called them, apparently they are used pulled from grand nationals...still, has anyone bought one of these. Are they in good cond. or do they need to be rebuilt?

I am assuming they are just as they came out of the car, but you should ask them to be sure. I think that company is known for over charging on their parts, so keep that in mind.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Thanks. I was pretty excited when i thought they were selling new, or at least reconditioned, rears for 950; but i guess 950 for a used one is still pretty typical of a price for an 8.5.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
cdg1984 said:
Thanks. I was pretty excited when i thought they were selling new, or at least reconditioned, rears for 950; but i guess 950 for a used one is still pretty typical of a price for an 8.5.

Not with the economy lately. I have been seeing them go for $6-700 in a lot of cases. I know of one by me for $400, hopefully no one finds it before I can get the cash together :wink:

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
dan2286 said:
cdg1984 said:

I am assuming they are just as they came out of the car, but you should ask them to be sure. I think that company is known for over charging on their parts, so keep that in mind.

They may be a little more but they are really convenient and he is always willing to help you out whether over the phone or through email. I'm just thankful that there is an outlet for parts for our cars. This guy has parted out probably around 500 or so G-Bodys (probably more) and has any nut and bolt you may need.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i think $950 is a bit expensive but not bad IF it is a posi and it's been inspected for major wear or damage.
but you have to remember, he has overhead, employees, blah blah blah, so he has to be more than joe schmuckatelli down the road.
but i wouldn't do it unless you live nearby, shipping would suck!

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Naaa, shipping wouldnt be too bad, round a hundred bux or so. And where i work has a dock so i got that covered. Ill prolly end up getting one unless i find a better deal else where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor