Gear drive video or sound clip....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
OK, hopefully gonna be getting an engine next week. And I plan to put a gear drive in it..... (waits for bitching lol)

So I don't know if I'm gonna be getting one used or new. But what I would like (from any of you who have one installed) is some videos or sound clips of your gear drive. If possible, I would like to hear the following:

-in car idling
-in car driving
-outside of car idling (hood closed)
-outside of car drive by

And please let me know what kind of exhaust you are running, as well if the hood has the insulation or not. As well if it is 'glass or not. My hood is steel with no insulation. I would really appreciate any help on this.

*And yes I know most of you will just say don't. But I've wanted a gear drive for like 15 years and have never put one in. I had a friend that had one years ago and I loved it lol.

Back in high school I had a 80 z28 with a mild 355 with gear drive.every where I went people always asked it it was pro charged.

I have a gear drive set up in the garage going in my small block for the regal.

Nothing beats the sound of a lumpy cam and gear drive

I agree. I had a buddy that had a pretty strong roller 383 sbc with a gear drive in it. It sounded soooo mean. But then his 383 with 3" pipes helped a lot too lol.

I had one a few years ago, but never got around to installing it. And since the engine is getting swapped, it seems like a good time to put one in.

I don't have a sound clip or vid, sorry. I have used Pete Jackson gear drives for years, before they even made a *noisy or quiet* version. I also had the noisy version in a TPI car and had not a minutes trouble with any of them.

Mine were loud enough to be heard but you could still carry on a conversation inside the car.

Do It !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor