Getting the F' Outta Dodge.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Had a dude come by with the honey truck to pump our septic tank, turns out he's a car guy and invited us to a car show this weekend in our small town.

How awesome is that?

I love it here.

I had a similar interaction with my garbage truck driver the other day. Had both garage doors open doing an oil change on Olds Cool and he just had to stop. Complimented me on the “cool cars” and spent a few minutes bench racing.

Car guys are everywhere, they’re just hiding in plain sight.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I had a similar interaction with my garbage truck driver the other day. Had both garage doors open doing an oil change on Olds Cool and he just had to stop. Complimented me on the “cool cars” and spent a few minutes bench racing.

Car guys are everywhere, they’re just hiding in plain sight.

Seriously cool when it happens, right?

I think I... we... made him late for his next appointment by talking shop as long as we did.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Seriously cool when it happens, right?

I think I... we... made him late for his next appointment by talking shop as long as we did.

I do that to my UPS guy all the time. That's what he gets for racing in my group.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
We made it out to the town get together. Met lots of great folks, had some eats, there was a small parade, and the girls were spoiled rotten by the town's folk.

PXL_20220618_161836134.jpg PXL_20220618_174623483.jpg

G-bodies were very well represented. There are some Saskatchewan ground effects on that sweet 442. LOL. There was a lot of interest in the wagon - a few folks had mentioned seeing it around the city. The LS swap still impresses people.

Not a bad way to spend your 11th wedding anniversary.

Reactions: 3 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
We made it out to the town get together. Met lots of great folks, had some eats, there was a small parade, and the girls were spoiled rotten by the town's folk.

View attachment 200692 View attachment 200693

G-bodies were very well represented. There are some Saskatchewan ground effects on that sweet 442. LOL. There was a lot of interest in the wagon - a few folks had mentioned seeing it around the city. The LS swap still impresses people.

Not a bad way to spend your 11th wedding anniversary.
LS swap in the big city? ..........................................meh, seen it before
LS swap in Motorhead Mike's town?..................

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
LS swap in the big city? ..........................................meh, seen it before
LS swap in Motorhead Mike's town?..................

We have 1/10th the population. They're not common anywhere. Perspective is important.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Good to hear your new 'we'. May be staying a while?

The community is wonderful, that's not the problem. It's everything else oozing out of the sores around us.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor