GM 12 bolt or Ford 9 inch

Which rear would you use in your street/strip car?

• Moser GM 12 Bolt

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Moser Ford 9 Inch

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ordered a ford 9" from a place called quick performance. After a good bit of shopping around I chose them based on a few other people that I know that have dealt with them and had great results AND price.
I got the bolt in housing with adjustable brackets, drain and fill plugs, 35 spline Moser axle package with the big 5/8 studs and the total price including shipping to my door was $1015 bucks. This does not include brakes or the center section.

that isnt to bad in a price ,i know you can get a setup with 31 splin for around 700.00 -800.00

Chris Van said:
I recently ordered a ford 9" from a place called quick performance. After a good bit of shopping around I chose them based on a few other people that I know that have dealt with them and had great results AND price.
I got the bolt in housing with adjustable brackets, drain and fill plugs, 35 spline Moser axle package with the big 5/8 studs and the total price including shipping to my door was $1015 bucks. This does not include brakes or the center section.

That sounds like what I plan on ordering from Summit, but I'm adding disc brakes to the package.

Qdub24 said:
Chris Van said:

That sounds like what I plan on ordering from Summit, but I'm adding disc brakes to the package.

Quick Performance sells those too. I think the Wilwood disc brake setup was $469.00
Soo far I've been very happy with their stuff and they seem to beat everyone's prices.... SOO FAR anyway...

They sell the bolt in housing with axles (not sure of the name brand) for $715 bucks. All the extras are when it starts adding up.

Also, I see you are in Columbus.... I am in Kathleen... Just outside of Warner Robins. We race in Phenix City sometimes....

i have a set of rear disk brakets if your interested?
when you get the axles get a 2.50 offset on the axles with 5 on 4.75

You may want to check out Quick Performance. They have some really decent prices on their parts.

I ordered my Ford 9" parts from them. Very pleased with their service.
At first I just bought one of their housing an axle packages. Since I was going to be using LS1 rear discs, I had them weld on a set of their billet housing ends for them.

All in all I have around $1800 in the setup. That includes the housing, 31 spline Moser axles, Detroit True-trac, 4.30 gears and Strange aluminum center section with billet pinion yoke.

awesome !! your set now .you almost never have to worry about the rear again .

i been saying it so long now .if you have real power and going to drive it hard ford 9 is the way to go best bang for your buck

Received my 9" housing/axle package from Quick Performance a couple weeks ago.... Looks great!! Just waiting on me to gather up the rest of the parts and get it all together now. And I'm still about a thousand bucks in better shape than I woulda been if I had ordered it from this other place in Fla.
I just don't get it??????
Maybe I just like to be able to see where my hard earned money is going.... Other than a name????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor