GM Announces eCOPO Electric Camaro Drag Car, Hints at EV Crate Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
The industry as a whole needs us to test & fund the testing of this stuff to learn from, mass produce to be able to lower cost, and advance it. Honestly I think batteries are still the biggest hold up.
While the lack of noise would make track drag racing less exciting, it could move the way for there to be more inner city drag race tracks in the far future. Many here I'm sure remember a you tube video posted here of a gutted tesla, pretty much walking away from the purpose built drag cars it raced on the street.

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
You ever seen these? :sneaky:

Those are fun to watch but of course on the Tesla racing channel they're not showing their losses. There are many gas powered cars that are faster.
Many of the competitors also had traction and or shifting problems. Hmmm. No races against big tire cars?

I'm a firm believer in the technology though and will jump on the band wagon as soon as electric cars become affordable and they start designing them
to look like a regular car. Tesla's in my opinion are overrated. So many people think they are the shyt but in reality the engineering, fit and finish is sub par.
Tesla is only 15 years old and hires a lot Cali google rejects that have no clue about manufacturing. I'll hold out for electric cars made by automakers that
actually know how to build cars. GM, Ford and Mercedes Benz all have over 100 years of experience in the auto industry.

Mercedes is soon to launch the EVA2 platform. I'm watching closely but they still need to work out the styling.

https://www.mbusa.com/en/eq-electric-cars

Last edited:

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Just another passing fad.
maxresdefault.jpg

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I can't afford it. There are some neat electric hot rods out there.

My brother has started a company (his partner is a patent lawyer for Ford) and is designing speed parts for Teslas. Seriously. Hold on to your butts.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Forget the battery cars, lets see some steam powered cars! WAY more friendly to the enviroment, don't need a stinking power cord. Just think of all that speed after it hits 15 MPH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor