GM E-crate connect and cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
All that new found wizardry and it's still stuck with the 4 speed auto. But I've seen this before and its something to consider if it comes down to keeping my ride on the road if gas goes bye bye

I think it'll become cost prohibitive before it's gone, we'll see. It took them 20 years I believe to get rid of leaded gasoline completely and I know it wasn't on every street corner in the end. I don't ever remember seeing it local when I was a kid.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The big problem with electric is there needs to be massive improvements in the power grid and electricity will no doubt go through the roof due to infrastructure costs and way higher demand. Plus the current range needs to be doubled to work here. Major cities are hundreds of miles apart. My Wife is basically getting her treatment 140 to 350 km away. It is a good start and hopefully it is a better 4 spd auto than a 4L60E. It will probably be comparable in price to a mid level gas crate option in time.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Hard. Pass.

Kids don't give thumb ups when you are cruising around on only electrons.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I agree, similar to a LS swap in my book.

When your new build is done we'll go cruising, and I'll bring the wagon. We will let the people decide.

But, yeah the LS thing is a bit played out. I want a 7.3L Godzilla Ferd now!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
When your new build is done we'll go cruising, and I'll bring the wagon. We will let the people decide.

But, yeah the LS thing is a bit played out. I want a 7.3L Godzilla Ferd now!
It will only be fair if the new Edelbrock heads go on it. 265/195 vs 210/165 that the current #6 iron probably flow. The 7.3 is pretty cool.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I think it would be cool in a chevy LUV or something. Battery under the bed floor. Solar panel on a topper.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

vandyman

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2017
This all sounds like a tool time (Tim Taylor) project to me.
More power. Ahh ahh ahh.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The big problem with electric is there needs to be massive improvements in the power grid and electricity will no doubt go through the roof due to infrastructure costs and way higher demand. Plus the current range needs to be doubled to work here. Major cities are hundreds of miles apart. My Wife is basically getting her treatment 140 to 350 km away. It is a good start and hopefully it is a better 4 spd auto than a 4L60E. It will probably be comparable in price to a mid level gas crate option in time.

You need lots of electricity to make your own hydrogen, so, make your own electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor