GM E-crate connect and cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Of course, you set the terms. ;)

seth meyers trickery GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It's the equivalent of a pumped up LS. ;)
What do you have for a cam in your wagon? What stall? I need the 3.42 or 3.90 posi installed to be a fair race, 2.78 open won't cut it. The posi is out of stock everywhere, it is a modified Ford 8.8". You mean the new 7.3 is a dog below 4000 rpm? I towed 6500 to 7000 pounds with our work 2011 6L 3/4 quad cab 4x4, anything below 4000 sucked. I pulled the rpms up to 3500 rpm, 70 km/hr to 100 km/hr took forever to get there. These LS trucks are all the same, they suck below 4000 rpm, towing or not. I clearly need to drive one in a car with a good tune🤷‍♂️.

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
These LS trucks are all the same, they suck below 4000 rpm, towing or not. I clearly need to drive one in a car with a good tune🤷‍♂️.
Do I need to take you to school again and show you a VVT LS engine torque curve compared to a rocket 350? If you were closer I would let you drive my car. I think it would scare you. 😮

Last edited:

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
What do you have for a cam in your wagon? What stall? I need the 3.42 or 3.90 posi installed to be a fair race, 2.78 open won't cut it. The posi is out of stock everywhere, it is a modified Ford 8.8". You mean the new 7.3 is a dog below 4000 rpm? I towed 6500 to 7000 pounds with our work 2011 6L 3/4 quad cab 4x4, anything below 4000 sucked. I pulled the rpms up to 3500 rpm, 70 km/hr to 100 km/hr took forever to get there. These LS trucks are all the same, they suck below 4000 rpm, towing or not. I clearly need to drive one in a car with a good tune🤷‍♂️.

3.73 and an FYI 3600(?) triple disc converter.

Check out REVan Evan on the UselessTubez. He's got some good info on it

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Of course, you set the terms. ;)

seth meyers trickery GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It's the equivalent of a pumped up LS. ;)

What? Are you saying the Olds rocket does not have the torque and now needs more gear reduction?

Do I need to take to school again and show you a VVT LS engine torque curve compared to a rocket 350? If you were closer I would let you drive my car. I think it would scare you. 😮
A 2.78 vs a 3.73 is a huge disadvantage. A LS with a stock truck stall and 2.78 might need people to push it, to move off the line. He is in the LS curve, especially if it flashes above the rated 3600. Honestly the 2004R is the issue, CK only looks have the billet forward drum if I buy the $1000 US rebuild kit. The iron heads will be pushing the limit on torque, let alone the new Edelbrock. No one else has them in stock either. The STOCK LS truck torque is embarrassingly weak below 4000 rpm, show me all the graphs you want, still sucks in stock truck form. Until I drive one that doesn't suck, I have 0, I repeat 0 desire to own one. The LT Gen 5 feel massively more powerful. I dare to be different, 350 hp and 400 ft/lbs is good enough for me, for now.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Cool. Now get back to me when you have an electric crate package with the following:
1. Equivalent or better than a 350hp/350tq ICE.
2. No need for a traditional transmission (gear reduction box excluded).
3. >300 mile range with a 10 minute recharge.
4. Battery pack options that fit in the space of common fuel tanks.
5. A price tag similar to a ZZ/HT/HO/Ramjet series crate package.
6. No associated .gov tax incentives or exemptions for the manufacturer or end customer.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Cool. Now get back to me when you have an electric crate package with the following:
6. No associated .gov tax incentives or exemptions for the manufacturer or end customer.
To add, not sharing the battery with a Bolt because of this:
1631750491305.png

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

1. Easy to do, but availability sucks in a package like this sucks.
2. I want to see an electric car with more than 1 forward gear!
3. Give it time.
4. Give it time.
5. Never gonna happen.
6. Wait until the EV novelty wears off.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
From the article: "...and a electronically controlled Chevrolet Performance four-speed automatic transmission."

I realize that production EVs don't typically use a traditional transmission but some use a gear reduction unit that may be referred to as a transmission. Some of the old DIY kits did rely on the host vehicle's manual transmission for both torque multiplication and reverse.

For the sake of the thread, this is a retrofit application. The fact that GM is using a transmission is weird. To me, ditching the transmission is half the argument of going electric.

So like I said. Get back to me when they check all the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor