GM E-crate connect and cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I thought someone would have "cracked" the mid sized commercial delivery market by now. Something like a ups truck or a Fjord Transit. Solar Panels on the roof, plenty of bed space under the floor on either side of a full frame for batteries. Heavy Duty CVT transmission or just direct drive the rear wheels. Don't make it fast or powerful just reliable. Me Musk has been mentioning it for a while but I dont see anything on the market.

The courier business around here runs appx 200-300 kms a day ( 160 to 200 mi ). If you place a gennie on board if the batteries run low then you can limp it home if you run the battery down.

Batteries themselves are another issue and conversation that Im well aware of.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I think we will see much more impressive battery life with the now possible Lithium Metal battery break through. It still doesn't fix the massive electrical grid upgrade needed to fast charge all these cars. BMW was working on quick change battery stations. This environmental savior won't come cheap or easily for any parts of the world.

Nov 4, 2012
The sound of an obnoxious cam is half the fun so I'm already failing to see the point here?

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor