GMPP Serpentine Assembly A/C lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
I posted about this a while back. NO need to find a F Body at all!

1. If original engine Compressor was on passenger side...

you only need to get the soft hoses for a Olds V8 engine (280, 307, 350) and the GM hose adapter kit. The 231 soft hose will NOT work, the compressor was at the 9 O'clock position. The Olds had it at the 11 O'clock position so it matches up perfectly.

Why? Because your condenser lines are both already on the passenger side.

2. If your engines original compressor was on the DRIVER side (such as the case with SBC) you will need to get the condenser and return lines (all the hard lines) from a GBody Buick or Olds engine car. You wont have to bend anything or have anything custom made.

Why? because the condenser in and out lines are on opposite sides.

While you have everything apart clean it out and replace with the new updated green R134a seals. Fill the compressor with oil, and vacuum out the lines once it is sealed, refill with R134a. Don't forget to buy a NEW desicant can or youre wasting your time.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I have the compressor lines from all three g-body styles right now. the 231 buick, 307 olds and 305 chevy. 307 lines didn't fit too well when I tried. I am curious to see pics of either the f-body line and 307 g-body.

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
84cutspreme said:
I have the compressor lines from all three g-body styles right now. the 231 buick, 307 olds and 305 chevy. 307 lines didn't fit too well when I tried. I am curious to see pics of either the f-body line and 307 g-body.

in what ways did the 307 not fit? At the compressor? A new Dessicant can will come with the right connections for one end, and the other end should connect direct to the stock BPO condenser.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
The muffler that is on the 307 hits brace from a/c bracket to header. The 92 camaro would fit nice if the line going to condenser was about 6" shorter, had a friend that had junk one laying around to mock-up. So far none of them fit perfect. The 307 one I could probably bend a little to clear brace and the 92 camaro one would look cleaner but needs to be shortened. Is it even possible to shorten it? I am afraid to remove a/c brace...only because I already removed the alternator brace, but that would be the easiest

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
84cutspreme said:
The muffler that is on the 307 hits brace from a/c bracket to header. The 92 camaro would fit nice if the line going to condenser was about 6" shorter, had a friend that had junk one laying around to mock-up. So far none of them fit perfect. The 307 one I could probably bend a little to clear brace and the 92 camaro one would look cleaner but needs to be shortened. Is it even possible to shorten it? I am afraid to remove a/c brace...only because I already removed the alternator brace, but that would be the easiest

ok that is why yours does not fit. I leave the AC bracket to header brace off. It is "optional". I just made sure to use all the bolts on the front side of the bracket. Besides, the brace does not even work with my type of headers.

The hoses from a 91=92 Caprice also work.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I didn't see anything in the directions about it being optional? you really think it will be okay without either of the braces?

anthonychacon80

Master Mechanic
May 4, 2010
The alternator one fit. The compressor brace did not. It's just because of the header I used I guess. I forget where I read they were optional, but unless you've got a super high horsepower motor or blown setup I don't see it being an issue if you make sure all the bolts are properly torqued. I put a bolt with a real head on that front one at the 4/5 o clock position when looking at the compressor straight on.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
well I finally got around to trying to install a/c lines...unfortunately the 307 lines do not fit even after I removed a/c to header brace. The line going to the accumulator/drier do not reach and these cheap made in china lines want to kink by the a/c condenser where they make their factory u-turn. Nevertheless they still end up being too short. I think at this point I am gonna have to get custom lines made up :(

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
FYI I laid the four seasons 307 lines next to a shitty set of gm 307 lines I bought for test fit...and the four seaons hoses are different. The bend on the end of the line by accumulator/drier are bent the wrong way and are clearly shorter than gm...So the 307 lines do fit, perfectly I might add. Anyone have or know where I can get a good used or original GM a/c line assembly? Since like everything else for our cars...parts have been discontinued. Also does anyone have an original GM part #? AC Delco # was 15-33598

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
That's good info to know. I will be needing some when I do my swap so I guess I can look right over the Four Seasons hoses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor