GMPP Serpentine Assembly A/C lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Yup like everything else in today's day, Four Seasons is just one more "Made in China" Crap.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
84cutspreme said:
FYI I laid the four seasons 307 lines next to a shitty set of gm 307 lines I bought for test fit...and the four seaons hoses are different. The bend on the end of the line by accumulator/drier are bent the wrong way and are clearly shorter than gm...So the 307 lines do fit, perfectly I might add. Anyone have or know where I can get a good used or original GM a/c line assembly? Since like everything else for our cars...parts have been discontinued. Also does anyone have an original GM part #? AC Delco # was 15-33598
Suction/discharge hose assy. AC-Delco 15-33598 GM # 19191406

Receiver/dryer assy. AC-Delco 15-1255 GM# 02724240

Both these items show as available on Amazon and Rockauto.

Anyone's guess as to whether these are genuine GM parts or not, but given the price i'm guessing they are. The hose assy. is quite a bit cheaper on amazon too.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
anthonychacon80 said:
84cutspreme said:
The muffler that is on the 307 hits brace from a/c bracket to header. The 92 camaro would fit nice if the line going to condenser was about 6" shorter, had a friend that had junk one laying around to mock-up. So far none of them fit perfect. The 307 one I could probably bend a little to clear brace and the 92 camaro one would look cleaner but needs to be shortened. Is it even possible to shorten it? I am afraid to remove a/c brace...only because I already removed the alternator brace, but that would be the easiest

ok that is why yours does not fit. I leave the AC bracket to header brace off. It is "optional". I just made sure to use all the bolts on the front side of the bracket. Besides, the brace does not even work with my type of headers.

The hoses from a 91=92 Caprice also work.

After looking at the 91-92 hose assembly, presuming the hoses aren't too long, they would allow someone to use the compressor to exhaust manifold brace if they were so inclined.

Looks like i'm gonna have to hit up my pick-n-pull in the near future.

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Make sure the F-body lines you are trying is from a V8 vehicle. The V6 lines are a little longer to accommodate the engine being further back in the engine bay. I had no issues with line length using an F-body set of lines ( both hard and soft).

Here's a photo from the side. I did convert from R4 to Sanden, but the same hoses were used.
CIMG3571.jpg

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I have compressor that came with serpentine belt setup and Oldsmobile style accumulator where line comes out from the bottom and wraps around to passenger side. I checked Camaro lines and everyone I've seen had to shorten line to condenser

15-1255.gif

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I used a stock '85 El Camino Accumulator- it doesn't have the wrap around line like the one you showed, but isntead has two fittings near the top, about 120 degrees apart. . The F-body lines I used don't have the muffler either. No shortening for me, either with the stock R4 ( used 2 yrs that way) or now with the Sanden. But I can see that using the accumulator with the wrap-around hose would require shortening of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor