GN Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Not a fan of the jumbo wheels & wild paint schemes on a special factory limited edition performance car the GN. Seems almost disrespectful and disheartening. Wheels larger than 18s don't fit the body lines of a gbody anyway. I hope its a fad that goes away in a few years. Not my bag but don't mind it on a regular Regal and can respect the work & money that many put into them. I like to see the GNs driven as they were built for. Bet none of that last group have been to the track and own some 12 second or better time slips with those wheels. Bet they haven't been improved and run through an autocross or are even raced on the street. Can't understand why they want to do this to a GN when a regular Regal would be much cheaper. Shoot it with some wild paint and put some wheels on and its cool. And you probably saved one from the crusher and with the wheels etc its not being used to go quick anyway.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
to each his own dog...,

you like your speed(and from what I've read, you've got a awesome ride as well), I'm building a touring type, and some are into the paint and wheels... this is what is nice about this hobby, we may not have the same taste, but still have taste in the same body styles...

as one member stated on the NAISSO(b-body) site I still go to now and then... "I've seen engine guys checking out the stereo guys, I've seen the rim guys checking out the lowriders, and so forth... it's our love for our cars that brings us together and allows us to be friends". to each his own... I may not be a fan of big rims and flashy paint, but can see the love put into those cars, and can respect the difference in taste.

hope you don't think I'm being negative toward anyone, it's just the opposite... I've seen some of the other cars JAYO owns, and are some of the nicest rides you can imagine!

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
To respond to the idiot who was trashing the forum and its members-

I am 18 years old and have just started college. I have nothing but respect for everyone on this forum. The "old guys" he's referring to are some of the most skilled and intelligent people I've met not to mention generous and open to any and all questions. He and many others like him make my generation the "me" generation. I find that most people my age that like cars, speaking for the Chevy guys, are very respectful to the older guys that actually know what they're talking about. For me, there is no better way to spend my time than spending an afternoon learning from an experienced "old guy."

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
1evilregal said:
JAYO!!!!

haven't seen you in a while! you might remember me from NAISSO as GR8WHTWHALE... you've always got the sweetest rides around ya! gr8 pics, love the silver/black setup with the chrome wheels!

Whats up Buddy? How have you been? Long time no hear from.... And as much as I hate to say it I sold the Impala about 3 months ago. I have always been in love with Regals, GN, T types and all things G-Body so I think the time has come for me to build one. I thought about just buying a Grand National and slapping a nice set of staggered 22's on it but said hey... I could buy a nice Regal for 2500 or less and do a nice clone my way. We'll see what happens..... :mrgreen:

As for non big wheel guys I understand.... Although I like big wheels, I dont care for a lifted car.. If you have to lift or cut your car for the wheels to fit that's just to much... Some of you have seen my Impala SS in the magazine or online so this gives you an Idea of how I like my cars.

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

jayo-1.jpg

jayo3.jpg

jayo10.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

j4.jpg

SDC10596.jpg

Pics of My SS truck and Brothers 72.

P1050897.jpg

17-2.jpg

16-2.jpg

D_Yates_312.jpg

I love custom cars and trucks.... If I ever hit the lottery thats all I would ever do with my time...

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
yeah jayo, sold my cappy about 5 months ago, but've had my regal about 7 years now-the first 2 as a DD... hard to believe the guy sold it to me for $400, because he couldn't fit into it anymore....

sorry to see your impy go though, only dggm impala that really impressed me! an awsome looking ride!

welcome to your new home!

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Jayo says "I could buy a nice regal for 2,500 or less and do a clone my way" Makes sense to me you got an extra $10k+ to work with over buying mine for example. That goes a long way to building a very cool car and building to your personal theme or goals without at very least moving something further away from original. Not that every factory special has to stay original but you follow the concept. Plus somewhere down the mods trail it looses the book/loan value of the GN vin anyway.

Evil, I like Pro Tour mods. Big brakes, wide handle the curves tires up front, In a GN's case Methonol injection to run high boost on the street/over the road. Suspension shock improvements etc. In fact I did all those things to my GN so I am not die hard bone original guy. But if somebody wants me to prove its rep as more go than show on the street they best be packin or she will or can up and hand it to them. No sit n spin for me I prefer to hook n leave no embarrassing me or the car so to speak. Not chastising or judging others just how I see it. If thats old school then put me in old skool. Some concepts are timeless imo. To get taunted and back off only because you would get waxed or broken wheels by that Neon just seems wrong to me.

JAYO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2009
What's funny Dogshit, about 75% of the cars I posted have seen 12 seconds slips or better and have run street races a lot.... Grant it, a lot of these guys take there wheels off in replace of slicks but there die hard GN fans... The One GN on GFG wheels as well as the One on Asanti wheels are well know street cars in miami. These guys like to show and go.

My mind frame is like this when it comes to the Regal body style... It's the style that moves me, it's the horspower that consumes me... You put together a bad *ss Regal regardless of the badging and everyone will love it! That's what I want.... I dare even call what I'm going to do a clone... It will be a 1 of 1! I want my old school to be able to do all the things my new school can do. Bottomline, I wanna build what every Regal owner would love to see... Will they like it all? Heck No! But in the end everyone will be able to compliment on something they liked about the car...... I found a tired 85 Regal with a V6 and 215,000 on the clock.... 750 bucks! By the time I'm done I'll have well into 10 or 15 grand in it..... The diffrence? It will have everything I want in it.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
doghave,

I wasn't knocking you or trying to taunt you... that wasn't my point... my build is to enjoy, like I tell people-I don't have to win, I just don't want to look too bad if I lose... I want it to handle, and be comfortable.

I just mean everyone has their own style, at least we love what we've got... I'll let the ricer think he's won just before the blue lights turn on in his rear veiw mirror :mrgreen:

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Evil, Never saw it as taunting just commenting on the pictures, GNs, and your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor