GNX Body bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumCrazy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 23, 2010
They should be torqued with the wheel son the ground correct? or does it not matter?

Ian

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I torqued all mine with the car on axle stands and left the front till the car was back on it's feet and then I aligned the front body clip before torquing the two front mounts

PlumCrazy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 23, 2010
I found a sticky on MonteCarloSS.com on body bushings and at the bottom of page 6 there are some posts about excessive gaps between the rad support and frame rail.

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=621162&page=6

At least I know that I'm not alone.

I'm just going to make sure that the correct bushings are in it, add the bushing to position #5, torque it down and get to working on this car for the next couple of years. When it comes time to bolt down the front clip, I"ll just shim accordingly I guess.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor