Good Deal? BBC Guideplates, Pushrods, Rocker Studs on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Nah that thread can die. Nothing happened in the 2 months except b**bs, frustration, and popcorn.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Nah that thread can die. Nothing happened in the 2 months except b**bs, frustration, and popcorn.
That is because you would not listen to us or have me help you! Push rods are one of the last things you need to worry about if you are going to rebuild that engine. Bent pushrods are a product of something else. Abuse or other mechanical problems.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
That is because you would not listen to us or have me help you! Push rods are one of the last things you need to worry about if you are going to rebuild that engine. Bent pushrods are a product of something else. Abuse or other mechanical problems.
I did listen. Did every suggestion over, and over, and over. And while they were all good, it ended up not solving the running like *ss issue. The cam was flat, and it has serious mechanical issues. I've also read that after gm switched to the smaller pushrods on the bbc, they have issues with bending/breaking them even in low stress situations.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
And I distinctly remember someone saying the stock pushrods in the 454s much past the early 70s were small and liked to bend a lot...

I distinctly remember someone told you back on page 1 or 2 to look at the valve train......:p

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I did listen. Did every suggestion over, and over, and over. And while they were all good, it ended up not solving the running like *ss issue. The cam was flat, and it has serious mechanical issues. I've also read that after gm switched to the smaller pushrods on the bbc, they have issues with bending/breaking them even in low stress situations.

^^^^WHAAAAAAT?????

You do not need another set of studs and another set of pushrods - TOTAL waste of your money for a stock 454. If you feel the need to blow some money, then buy some tools, i.e. mics, inside bore gauge, multimeter, etc. These are tools that you'll use during this rebuild. If you are going to fix this proper, then proper includes https://www.competitionproducts.com...-112-LS/productinfo/CL120225-12/#.XPugKFxKjIU

Save your money and make it worth something or ................ carry on for another hundred pages or so of your 'listening' and throw away $2-3K in the process.

I restocked the beer fridge so I'll be staying tuned.

• Winner

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sigh.....beat me to it. That's ok, nothing wrong with more of either...

Has Popcorn.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor