good terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
why not get the non insulated terminals..... I use the non insulated butt splice terminals and shrink tubing

Ive used to have a ton of those from my old job. Since I left in 2008 over the years the stock dwindled. Used to get the marine grade shrink tubing too. Sad thing is most of my friends that worked there used to get the stuff for me but theyre all retiring. LOL
I still get butt splices like that from the local marine supply a few towns over if Im doing something that I think calls for them like when I redid the fusibe links on the 81.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
get a good crimp tool.. i use this one and its awesome. also make sure you buy the plug wire jaws. man does it make doing plug wires easy..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002STTTI/?tag=gbody-20

I have that exact crimper. Bought the plug wire jaws for it and they work great.
Only downside is they dont do all the Packard terminals. Only one kind but I cant remember which one. The jaws are too thick and the little tabs on the terminals wont fit. They work great on everything else though.

I bought this for the Packard terminals and overpaid. Summit has one just as nice for less than half. Live and learn. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor