GOT A NEW TOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Very nice find. Yes it is rare but no it is not lighter then all GN's. Just an fyi some of the 86 GNs came with alluminum bumper supports and alluminum brake drums. I should know my GN has all those options from factory and is a true 58k car.

LIVE4RDO

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Thank you guys. Plans are to make it a nice driver for now, it needs few things cosmetically and mechanically. After I'll drive it for a while and hopefully finish my Malibu... it's going to be time to go fast!!

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
VERY nice toy, turns heads young and old alike..... you lucky SONOFABITCH!
:friday:

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Congrats nice find! WE4 was a Ttype with the turbo motor, black paint & blacked out trim like the GNs sans the GN only wheels & interior. Bought my GN brand new in 86 been a GSCA member for years and many time attender at GS Nationals. lol I never heard of them referred to as a GN killer and don't think saving a few pounds on the wheels while good makes it dramatically quicker. What does is a good tune. Start with a scanmaster as you can't (afford to) hot rod these things in the blind like you can with a NA car. You may have seen them but here is a few good links for ya.
http://www.gnttype.org
http://www.turbobuicks.com
http://www.turbobuick.com
The vendor links from their will quickly get you up to date with whats available etc. Enjoy 8)

BTW box stock mine ran a string of 13.9s & 14.0s at 98/99mph the first time I had ever been to a drag strip green as grass. Click the little camera icon to see mine. Looks box stock right down the original non adjustable fuel pressure regulator ie the first thing someone would have to change to allow her to go faster.

LIVE4RDO

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2010
Staten Island, New York
A little update. The car is getting Jim Dunn's treatment from Buick Turbo Performance. New injectors, valve springs, COMPLETE tune-up, rear main seal, FP hot wire kit, new HP fuel pump, RJC power plate, scanmaster and just fixing few odds and ends. Just look at the attention to the detail:

photo1-20.jpg

photo2-20.jpg

photo3-6.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

photo1-27.jpg

The push rods were nice and clean. good sign :)
photo2-27.jpg

The header flange was cut, according to Jim it's not a big deal, it was done to seal better
photo4-6.jpg

Remember I nentione paying attention to the detail.....
photo5-6.jpg

photo5-9.jpg

photo3-11.jpg

photo1-28.jpg

photo2-28.jpg

photo3-18.jpg

photo4-14.jpg

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Sounds great. That factory downpipe elbow works like a NASCAR restrictor plate. Lol bit you can come back to it later

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor