Got hosed on a Craigslist deal again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
meh some guys flake out but. occasionally you find a gem...
listed wifeys old car for $750. Guy is interested and shows up 10 mins early to look ( after 5 "can i cum see" losers ).
Guy said he has "Cash in hand" and want to make a deal ( I honestly figured another loser and a waste of time ). I took him for a drive with me in the PS. He said it looks like you are on the up and up but can you drop it to my tech a mere 2 miles away ! Here is all the money you were asking per the ad, thank you for your honesty ! Done deal under 10 mins. He even called me the next day to confirm the car was as-listed in the ad.
He also mentioned he had looked at 7 cars previous to mine ( I was busy ) and I was the only non-BS guy he had seen all day. Said he didnt even need to test drive it but when I insisted we take it to get coffee he was SOLD LOL

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
I never waste time if its something I truly want. Too much craigslist miscommunication. I also make it very clear Im interested which can interfere with talking down the price but if I want it badly thats the cost.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
man **** people on craigslist, when i bought my 240 the guy said i had to pay an extra 100$ for a pile of parts tthat he SAID would be included with the car, i obviously said no because i didnt have the money and it turns out its sh*t i have to have to even drive the car like a power steering reservoir that came off the car and alot of bolts that i need. BTW if some of you guys dont know me i used to go on this forum alot but i had to sell my regal for financial reasons.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I feel your pain, get many pain in the asses since I list a lot of stuff for my boss as part of my job to clean out the shop. Gotta love the people that come and offer you crazy low and then are upset that you won't take it or are very clear on the issues and want to try and beat you down further when you have the price figured in with all the issues.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

330 uhc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 4, 2017
Next door neighbor is a local police officer...tells me 60% plus of the cars on craigslist chicago are hot...I've had nothing but headaches on craigs...listed cool rare caddy stuff for a buddy...price was stiff but we researched it first...price was flexible if buyers were reasonable...said I wouldn't respond to low ballers...some guy writes to tell me he's a jew, like that makes a difference to me...green is green...I don't respond to his bs low ball offer...my craigs ads all disappear...nice huh?..
Best thing was a guy on phoenix craigslist posted a 67 cutlass convert for sale...its a no rust lo rust roller...I call...he says he isn't ready to sell it yet...accidently posted too early...will let me know...I call a couple days later...he says he sold it to a drive by...WTF...I was offering full boat for the car...flakes and nuts too...must of decided after posting he wanted more...ebays just as bad...they admitted years ago that 14% or one in seven roughly were no pay or otherwise scam transactions...I gave up...deal in person...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor