Got some more junkyard gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Went digging through the junkyard again today. Got exactly what I wanted. Went out there looking for the braces that run underneath the hood. I found the pair that run from the fender to the core support out of a cutlass or some olds. Then I found the pair of braces that run from just below the windshield all the way to the core support out of a 79 monte carlo. Thanks to frankincutlass who I got the idea of the monte bars from. While I was digging in a 79 malibu that was loaded with junk, I came across a pretty nice old aluminum water neck.

There were tons of the rally gauge sets and shifter consoles for malibus and el caminos but since I have an aftermarket shifter, I didn't need any of them. There were a couple of sway bars on some of the g bodies. Overall I think I looked at 40-50 g bodies all the way from chevys to all the BOP's. It was a good day lol 8)

Attachments

• Grand Prix and Cutlass parts 017.JPG
    Grand Prix and Cutlass parts 017.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Grand Prix and Cutlass parts 019.JPG
    Grand Prix and Cutlass parts 019.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 158

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Sounds like you have some good junkyards your way. G-body parts and cars are getting fewer and farther between. More and more are being crushed. The braces are a good score and a great addition. I've felt a noticeable improvement on how the car feels. It tends to stiffen up the body components and doesn't shake rattle and roll as much. New body mounts also improve the feel of the car.
I wish I was nearby...the pickin's are slim here. :(

Jack

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm having trouble with the braces though. I got the fender to core support ones on easy. problem is they are in the way for the monte carlo bars to come down to mount on the core support. I tried getting one to go over the other and everything. All the braces are straight bars and don't have curves in them. I noticed that with some of the other braces was that they were curved or straight. Plus the monte carlo bars would make me have to get rid of my dual cold air intake setup because the air cleaner snorkels hit the bars.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
man where are these yards you are going to with all the g-bodies may have to make a day trip since you are only about 4 hours from me 8)

JAWSS

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Ft.Hood, Texas
SLICK79WGN said:
man where are these yards you are going to with all the g-bodies may have to make a day trip since you are only about 4 minutes from me 8)

lol X2

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
wow you guys are lucky! ive only seen maybe a hand-full of gbodys in jy over the past 2-3 years. and there mostly gutted by the time i get to them. except one ugly-*ss elky that was bright green w/ronald mcdonald red interior. :puke:

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I know what you mean 2 weeks ago I found like 3 g bodies in a jard here one gp one cutlass and a regal and thought holy sh*t I hit the mother load lol havent seen a malibu in a yard here for atleast 5-6 years

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
beermonkey9417 said:
wow you guys are lucky! ive only seen maybe a hand-full of gbodys in jy over the past 2-3 years. and there mostly gutted by the time i get to them. except one ugly-*ss elky that was bright green w/ronald mcdonald red interior. :puke:
you really need to shrink those pictures in your sig. its cool your proud of your stuff but the size is just obnoxious. having to scroll a 1/4 of the way through the page to read the rest of the page is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor