GP403's 87 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Man that cutlass is cherry! That is how my 87 looked when i bought it back in 2001, only black ext/ tan int with an immaculate vinyl top and very little rust. Then i drove it daily until 8ish years ago and the outdoor elements got to her, hence the current 4 yr resto im doing now. Great find!

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Car looks great...nice find!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
great score captain!!! well when you are ready to convert to buckets and a counsole let me know as i have everything you need for the conversion,and am right in the left hand corner from you(new mexico) or i could possibly take a trip your way( as i have some kiowa cousins up your way.)and bring some goodies for the gp as well:)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
How about "Project Blue Hair"?
:mrgreen:
Pays tribute to Grandma and her car and is a nod to the color.

Love that. Get a nice top-quality car cover to keep it clean and minimize shop accidents.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Changed the oil tonight. Seriously, O'Reilly's didn't have a PCV valve OR breather, OR 20w50 oil. Whatever. Took me a while to find the right filter because I guess this sh*t is so old they don't stock stuff for her any more and the stupid book only goes back to '92. :rant: Got to reference an old thread here that I actually participated in to learn my stash of PF24's won't work. :mad:

Looks like granny was insistent on following the manual, because I think whomever was still putting 5w30 in there, thin thin thin. Yikes. :wtf:10w40 now. Don't know if that will help the leaks or not.

My god, the shocks are so trashed on this. The suspension's been bottoming out regularly judging by the stop marks on the control arm, and the squeaky front springs. Probably needs new springs eventually. It *does* have a front sway bar, and the diagonal braces. The rears feel good, though, and the trashed fronts actually give it a decent rake lol.

Service manuals, shocks and intake/valve cover gaskets ordered. Going to order some more stuff in a minute. Going to drive this a few times (with some peace of mind) before the snow flies.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor