Grand National clone build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it an intake pump or an inline? If it's inline I think they are all quite noisy. For my car I got the one from www.gbodyparts.com along with the hotwire kit. It's a Walbro pump for pretty cheap and the hotwire was really easy to hook up.

Wow I have a time slip from my GN from back in the day that is almost identical. Same 1.979 60 foot, same 85.90 1/8 mph, but a 12.77 at 107.7. I remember it because it was stock and I had just put in a chip, K&N, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and threaded waste gate rod first time at the track with this and had went from 13.9s to 13.4s and spining hard. Another guy with a GN lent me his soft compound racaps (drag radials of the day) on his GN rims. Bingo my first pass 12.7s. Maybe not a hugh milestone but the 12s are a milestone none the less.

22-24 psi in the drag radials, less seems worse.

I've got a 7.5 rear so I'm nervous about running slicks, sure could use 'em though.

You all might get a kick out of this:

You know the one-upmanship thing, right? Everything the guy you're talking to - his car is better, faster, nicer etc etc etc....

I take my car to the track and run 12.8s and everyone talks about how the car they used to have was faster, their uncle's car is faster and all this type stuff.

So I am at our local car show at McDonald's the other night and this guy has a Monte SS which to me looks pretty stock with a few bolt ons: intake, carb, headers, aftermarket gauges. He asks about my car and then tells me HIS CAR RUNS 9s!!!!!!! He's got radials (not drag radials- just plain radials). So I ask "It runs nines in the eighth?" He says "No, it runs nines in the quarter". So I invite him down to the track next time I go and he says................................ he can't

LS1GN said:
22-24 psi in the drag radials, less seems worse.

I've got a 7.5 rear so I'm nervous about running slicks, sure could use 'em though.
time for an 8.5 or 9" 31 spline?

1st off nice build not sure how i missed this but you build a very nice ride i like it...glad to see an lq9 in the engine bay thats my next engine of choice expect im gonna leave it injected. keep up the good wrok very impressive build.

It seemed like 20psi was the golden number for me when I went. Not sure how wide yours are, assuming 245's unless they have bigger sizes out that I haven't seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor