Grand National clone build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get it in tune and the lock up working the mileage shouldn't bad at all. No not mileage rear gear but with the overdrive ratio of .696 it makes for a final drive ratio of 2.24 just like having a 2.24 rear when you are on the highway. So when things are right 20 mpg hwy should not be out of the way.

105 mph with a decent 60 foot should net you a 12 second slip. Back in the day when I first turned up the boost & fuel in my GN I ran some 13.4s and a guy borrowed me some soft compound recaps. (About the time the first drag radial hit the scene) anyway she ran 12.7s at 107. It was box stock suspension gbody.

LS1GN said:
1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
not a big fan of clones but i like yours, i was considering a lq9 in my 84 SS what did you need to do the swap? any fabrication work? etc

Don't like a clone? Well try a giant mortgage payment, 4 kids (one in college), wife's new car payment, student loans and then try buying an overpriced "real" whatever. I've got 4 grand total in this thing - and it brings a smile to lots of faces.
listen idk if your a little heated but i said i like yours, theres something about it, im just sick and tired of people saying its the rel thing and then you take a look at the dash and it says regal...thats all

No prob, I'm the first to admit it is a clone. Since I was a kid I've always wanted a GN but they are 15 -25 grand. Really nice ones on Ebay go for 30 -40.

I know what you mean about the fakes being sold as real - that ain't right.

LS1GN said:
No prob, I'm the first to admit it is a clone. Since I was a kid I've always wanted a GN but they are 15 -25 grand. Really nice ones on Ebay go for 30 -40.

I know what you mean about the fakes being sold as real - that ain't right.
yea there are some decent ones around 10k but some guy tried to sell me a clone saying it was real and everything was perfect even the interior except for the dash that said regal, I took one look at it and left and the guy was tryingtk stop me and asking me why I was leaving. some the audacity of some people lol

dogshit said:
Get it in tune and the lock up working the mileage shouldn't bad at all. No not mileage rear gear but with the overdrive ratio of .696 it makes for a final drive ratio of 2.24 just like having a 2.24 rear when you are on the highway. So when things are right 20 mpg hwy should not be out of the way.

105 mph with a decent 60 foot should net you a 12 second slip. Back in the day when I first turned up the boost & fuel in my GN I ran some 13.4s and a guy borrowed me some soft compound recaps. (About the time the first drag radial hit the scene) anyway she ran 12.7s at 107. It was box stock suspension gbody.
He's 100% right. Before my dyno tune I had a terrible 1.96 60' but trapped 106mpg and clocked a 12.8. I would love to take it back to the track, my first ever pass was also my best and the tune picked up 74rwhp.

Get the car dyno tuned by a good tuner, put a decent drag radial on the back, unhook the front sway bar, drop the air in the rear tires to 14-16, and heat the tires up pretty good

looks real good man!!! I sonehow missed this thread too :roll:

I see a turbo in the future for the complete GN sound as well as the look! :wink:

I'm kinda old school - no turbo, no nitrous, no blower, less stuff to break, you know. IMHO if you can get it to run right -normally aspirated can get you 11s or even 10s.

I'm having trouble with my Summit elec fuel pump (new in June) - making weird noises, sometimes crazy loud and it is loud to begin with! It is also randomly cutting out every once in a blue moon.

Ive got Drag Radials and it actually squats and hooks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor