Grand Prix rear spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I came across a 86 Firebird with a rear spoiler at the salvage yard and thought about pulling it for my GP. What i'm wondering other then the Grand Prix GT anybody else have a rear spoiler? Just wondering what it would look like in other Grand Prix's. Any pics?

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
i purchased one at Pontiac Nats.

i'm still not sure if i'm going to use it or not. for $5, i couldn't go wrong.
i'd much rather have a Monte SS style.
til that day comes........................ :cry:

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Here's what I've done. I've had that spoiler on the car for 20 years. I think that it adds a certain amount of "sportiness" to an otherwise overly large flat trunk surface. Just my thoughts.

normal_GP_Exterior_012.jpg
normal_GP_Exterior_015.jpg

Let me know your comments.
Andry

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Looks good! What is it off of? I think i want one but at times i like the way the car looks kind of "streamlined" :lol: Just looking for options.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
It was purchased in 1987 at a local speed shop. The spoiler was made by "A&A Specialties" (A division of D.H. Buck Co. Inc.). I know this info because I keep all my receipts and manuals. This one cost $250 at the time. The manufacturer was located in Placentia, CA, but like I mentioned above, I purchased it here in Canada.

Hope this helps.
Andry

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Munkey B said:
i purchased one at Pontiac Nats.

i'm still not sure if i'm going to use it or not. for $5, i couldn't go wrong.
i'd much rather have a Monte SS style.
til that day comes........................ :cry:

does this spoiler match up with the trunk lines? I seen some on the web but I'm not sure on how it would look like on my GP. If not i will pick the Firebird one and mock fit it and see how it looks.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I took a Monte SS spoiler that I got from Jman and shortened it, cut it in two to adjust it for the contour of the GP truck lid and mounted it flush with the raised middle portion of the lid.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Kiko, Nice clean car.

I like the lower profile of the original one on the GT. You did ask for opinions. :)

I thought the GT "was" an Fbody wing.

It would make sense being a Pontiac Dealer that's what they had acces to, but I could be wrong.

Not much info about the GT's floating around.

As a long shot, try calling Mrytle Motors:

Business Name: Myrtle Motors, Corp.
Business Address: 61-20 Fresh Pond Road
Middle Village, NY 11379
See the location on a Mapquest Map
See the location on a Google Map
Original Business Start Date: 1/1/1954
Incorporated: 1954 in 0
Principal: Eli Bloom, President
Phone Number: (718) 366-5050
BBB Accreditation: This business is not a BBB Accredited Business
Type of Business: AUTO DEALERS-NEW CARS

Maybe someone is still there from back in the day.

Then even played with early Fbodys.

I was born 10 years too late. :(

ALLPARTS36

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2008
Hello,
I am looking for a Drag Race rear Aluminum Spoiler for my all out Drag Car,if anyone know of any in pictures for a 85' GP to do a rear spoiler with the long reach on the rear of the GP,S&w Sells one,but is is a "generic kit,and you have to cut it to fit it is a 52" and then the "two pin bars that latch it to the bumper are $40.00 each,I can make my own ,as I want four braces with spherical rod ends,if any one finds a Drag Race Rear Aluminum spoiler for a 85'GP I would be more than interested in on.Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help. :D
Jason Spidel

BobCit

Apprentice
Sep 30, 2007
North Jersey
I like the spoiler, It does give the car a little sportiness. I've been thinking of putting one on my car but up to now I havent seen one on a car to see how good it looks. I saw one for sale by Lauren engineering made especially for the GP.
Has anyone ever purchased anything from Lauren engineering? Are there products quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor