Grandpa Car: 1979 Cutlass Thread

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, it was 30 degrees and sunny, so naturally, Christmas tacos.

Dropped by one of the riding spots on the way home. Both lots completely empty.

Then just hit cruise and followed the river home.

It'll be in need of a pretty serious detail next spring. I also noticed a puff of tailpipe smoke when I started it at the taco place. I guess it's just showing it's age.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yup.

I know I've said it a couple times before but, I fully endorse a hot outside water source. It was 37* outside and it really made washing it bearable. Helps loosen up the bugs and grime too. If you've got new construction planned or even if you have a water heater in or near the garage, I recommend looking into it.

Reactions: 8 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
It would be awful hard to change that car in any way. Beings you have other cars for that. I think it is perfect the way it is.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
yeah but then the 425 wants a trans, then it wants a rear end, then it wants brakes. Then you are neck deep into another project. I don't think IMO that I will ever go down that road again with my car. It's not fast by any standards but I would have been further ahead by leaving it as it was with the 305 and buying Mikes TBSS

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/2007-chevrolet-trailblazer-ss/1445071552

.... and yes Mike I am still stalking your TBSS

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I mostly agree. I know I sound like a broken record because the car is all together, is completely reliable, and looks okay, so it really needs nothing.
I'm slowly collecting parts but it's not going under the knife anytime soon. I've got no intentions of digging into it until I have all the parts ready to go -- including a rearend and transmission.
No plans to ever change anything cosmetic. That's all years down the road.

On the upside, I've basically wrapped up all of my car/motorcycle projects except for my pickup. It's mostly maintenance on everything else now. I'm a slow learner but I'm trying to focus on one at a time.

Reactions: 6 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Well, just read the whole thing (pic-heavy threads are a PITA due to crappy internet service here). Really enjoyed the journey thus far, and I would have to say that your username is very fitting, given all the many things you have going

Well done, sir.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor