Grandpa Car: 1979 Cutlass Thread

You guys seem to care about oil changes way more than my 42 year old 305 does.
I thought that car had an engine swap coming? 😉 Just kidding. I'm not making any fun car progress lately.

• Haha
Reactions: DRIVEN
I'd like to say soon, but best I can muster is eventually.
There isn't much urgency when the 305 does a good job pulling it down the road. It's not like you have any other projects to work on anyway.

• Winner
Reactions: DRIVEN
I agree with both points. I drained probably oil at least 10 years old that sat, looked fine on a 76 Cutlass. I change oil in my vehicles every year minimum. The cooling system was a different story, looked like mud. I ran it a little bit, I shouldn't have. The shim head gaskets rotted through on one side. If I wouldn't have pulled the heads, it would have seized. Another cheap bit of insurance, change the coolant every few years.

• Agree
Reactions: 5spdCab
Lunch at the park.

It's not the frozen tundra there this time of the year?

Not too many people, not too hot, not too cold. Ugh I'm jelly.

• Agree
Reactions: DRIVEN and Rktpwrd
Reactions: Rktpwrd and DRIVEN

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor