Grandpa Car: 1979 Cutlass Thread

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'll just leave this here as food for thought...
And it sounds like this

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'll just leave this here as food for thought...
And it sounds like this

you have one of the nicest styles of Olds made and you have made it much more than showroom quality... :)

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
you have one of the nicest styles of Olds made and you have made it much more than showroom quality... :)
BAH! It's a 50 footer. NONE of the panels line up right, shrinking Bondo, checking paint, pitting chrome, etc. I'm just thankful dear ol' Dad didn't go with anything as pedestrian as a typical Chevy when he ordered his first one out of high school (traded it in on a 307, 'glide Malibu when Mom got pregnant with me).

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
BAH! It's a 50 footer. NONE of the panels line up right, shrinking Bondo, checking paint, pitting chrome, etc. I'm just thankful dear ol' Dad didn't go with anything as pedestrian as a typical Chevy when he ordered his first one out of high school (traded it in on a 307, 'glide Malibu when Mom got pregnant with me).

you didn't need to crush my admiration of your Olds... o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
I'm tripping over them darn 67 442's here in Ohio. :)

0.jpg

61228.jpeg

20171206_160808.jpg

20170821_162645.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yup. Extra ultra rare small bore, tall deck, large journal, stroker 403.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, exactly 6 months after being tucked in...another taco run.

Since they're still take-out only, I enjoyed my lunch at the Dan's Ferry boat ramp.

After that I went over to my dad's shop and put in my new dash speakers. I was super cautious and nervous about cracking the dash but managed to pop the grill covers without any damage.

That white plastic tool is intended to be used to wedge against side glass and hold it in place when you're doing regulator replacement but it worked great for this. Replacement speakers were a perfect fit and I ordered up some pigtails as advised by TURNA . Glad I did too.

The screws aren't super easy to get out but I had plenty of room for a 9/32 socket on a 1/4 drive ratchet -- No problem. Massaged the grilles back into place and life was good.
Do they sound great? No, not really. But I don't expect much from 3.5" speakers. They don't fuzz out though and I get equal volume when I set the balance to the middle. Both improvements over what I had.

I'm going to wash it now and shake out the cover. Nice weather is here and I plan to put more than 100 miles on it this year.

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor