Granny's Lowrider

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Ok, I know this isn't a g-body(so mods if you wanna get rid of this, ok), but I figured some of you may enjoy it anyway. My grandmothers truck has had a problem with the flywheel tearing up starters and this motor isn't acting to healthy anyhow, so after I pull it out I plan to go through it and freshen it up. Here's what i'm working on:
100_0391.jpg

100_0753.jpg

Got the it pulled out today. Some of you would prolly like to have the transmission out of it, lol.
100_0754.jpg

And on the stand.
100_0755.jpg

I've already got the heads of but ran out of light for pics. I'll have them tomorow and tell you what i've found so far.

i really like that year, actually i really like all of the 80's chevy trucks...

malibuSSwagon said:
Ha pretty sweet, I'd like my truck to be low like that. Mine's a 4 spd, however

Ya, it's nice......until you need to get under it, lol.

3XBrownCutty said:
i really like that year, actually i really like all of the 80's chevy trucks...

Can't go wrong with an ol' heavy chevy.

I had posted a question over on MR about block id'ing, and i'll see what you guys think of this. According to the casting number and suffix code, this is a 78' 350 block. No problem there, except 80' and older blocks had the dipstick on the driver side. This one has it on the passenger side.
Now after taking another look at it, i decided to take some pics to help explain what's going on. I thas the hole in the driver side for the dipstick but then it has this on the passenger side:
100_0768.jpg

100_0766.jpg

Ever seen that before?

it may be a factory replacement engine? Targetmaster or done under warranty..

At leaat you got a good foundation for the motor, as it's a four bolt main............Sweet lookin truck also.

I don't know about it being a replacement motor. The codes come back to a 78 block out of a f or b body. I think the replacements had there own casting numbers. This motor was only in this truck for a year or so, got it from a friend. That lil bolt on block on the side of the block is what gets me, never seen that before.
It's only a two bolt main motor, but it had been rebuilt before. The crank has been turned 10-10, but the nice thing is they put flat-tops in it instead of the dished pistons. Would make for a nice mild build but it's just gonna be stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor