Graveyard Carz show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
So I watched the un-aired pilot and the first episode on Youtube....how that guy doesn't get throat punched on a regular basis is beyond me...total jackass. I guess he knows his Mopar musclecars, but little lacking in being a decent human.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
So I watched the un-aired pilot and the first episode on Youtube....how that guy doesn't get throat punched on a regular basis is beyond me...total jackass. I guess he knows his Mopar musclecars, but little lacking in being a decent human.

He's not a "jackass", that is an actual mental illness like OCD. Having something perfectly correct is more important to him than human interaction, his pets, reading, watching TV, surfing the internet, eating, alcohol, drugs, sex, etc. Over the years I have met MANY people with this disorder. We had "show cars" that were a little of everything: AMC's, Fords, Mopars, various GM's and If you go to a national single make car meet, you will be sure to find at least a couple on the show field. If someone does a full rotisserie restoration on a 2bbl small block anything and the options ARE ONLY those on the build sheet, talk to them for 5 minutes about the restoration, and you will see that they are not totally right in the head. Stock concourse rules initiates this behaviour but the mental illness propagates it.

Some people have grown out of it or found something else to obsess about. I was watching a "car guy" show the other day and they were featuring Goodmark sheet metal parts (Mark Headrich - great guy, 100% NOT brain damaged) and speaking for Mark's company was one of the "Gray Brothers" who back in the 1970's/early 1980's (when they were teanagers, maybe? it was hard to tell but they weren't very old) would make Mark Worman look like one of the many people he ridicules. The Grays knew important things like every bolt head stamping and every length of every bolt on a car and would point out the number of bolts on a car that were "not correct". One year at a National AMC event, No AMC won a top award in the stock class because the Grays were judging. You can image how po'd everyone was when the judges said basically "nobody gets a trophy, you all suck". The next year, the guy who had won the stock class the year prior to the no trophy debacle entered his car in the "modified class", because he had some bolts with "incorrect head stamps"

That kind of useless knowledge has a limited shelf life and thank goodness mellows with age. On TV, the Gray boy seemed perfectly normal and actually quite pleasant. A far cry for the 1970's version of himself.

Before we knew this was a mental illness and tried to understand it, we just called these people "A-holes". When you understand that they are always right and that they are a free source of knowledge you can exploit without end, you can learn to harness their power.

Coming to the realization that they are being used as a tool helps their healing so don't feel guilty having them "make sure this is correct" or "make sure this is done correctly" or my favorite "Dang, I can't seem to get this right...".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor