Gray Man, Inc.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Supervibe has been gettin' me paid the last 2 weeks. Right around 4500 miles when I got home last night.

About 6 weeks ago I got detoured through Leavenworth on my way home from a Seattle job because Snoqualmie was closed. Picked up a nail late on a Friday which had me scrambling, but luckily found a little used tire place that plugged it. First and only tire trouble I've had with this car ever. Still wasted 2 hours though. When I got home I decided to throw a plug kit in the trunk because if I have it, I'll never need it. Wrong.

On my way home from Kalispell yesterday the TPMS light came on as I left Lolo, which isn't all that unusual with this car. Stopped for fuel in Grangeville and the LR tire was visibly low. No sweat, only 10 minute delay this time. This time it was a sharp rock.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Don't they make a Rambo knife with a pocket for sutures, a tire patch kit and bag of Habanero Doritos?

• Haha
  • Informative
Reactions: 5 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
When I was a kid I used to carry one of those kits. My friends and I used to buy retreads from a local tire shop for about $10 a tire and they always seemed to have problems. But we were kids and they were cheap.

Reactions: 1 user

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
I like those rope plugs. I carry them. I also carry a tube of rubber cement. It adds extra sealing ability and lubes the plug making the install easier.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, after 4 months, my last item from Partzilla finally got delivered.

I did a cursory inventory and it looks like I have just about everything. Time to put the puzzle together.

This is just about the most complicated way of going about this.

I started doing fencing last fall and stalled when it got cold. I'm to the point where I need to drop 5 of the 80' cottonwood trees before fencing can proceed. Ugh!

I'm hoping to find the motivation to do some tree work down there tomorrow but the couch is so much warmer. It was 19* when I went down to the shop today and eventually made it all the way up to 26*. I think I could probably drop at least 3 in the field but 2 are definitely leaning the wrong way and I don't want to land them in the powerlines. I'll be getting help.

And one more oddball project I'm working on.

Reactions: 7 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I got just the thing for them thar trees. Already has the full west coast setup.

20201012_183601.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor