Gray Man, Inc.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not sure about your end, but a chainsaw is totally normal carry-on luggage in Idaho. You'd be saving me a bunch of money.

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Well, after 4 months, my last item from Partzilla finally got delivered.

for lack of a nail ......... ---> a kingdom was lost
only the best bolts, created from the finest metallic flakes of ore, mined from the legendary imperial unobtainium mines of far north Japan, forged in the fires of a former samurai sword shop, folded a thousand times, we bring you......... part #91314-06018

And one more oddball project I'm working on.
10-loads?
what we have here (said thru the door to the burgler trying to break in who just won't go away even after being warned) is a failure to communicate! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM...... ! now, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 10 shots or only 9? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .410 slug thrower, the handiest little rocksalt-thrower in the world, and would fill your *ss with burning rocksalt, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*

And this is where I had to hit pause...

Apparently the listing for the new Moose cam chain was inaccurate. The pitch is off. Although the TW, TTR, XT, and some other Yamaha engines are very similar, not all parts interchange. OEM part numbers for the chains are different even though all the aftermarket chains just use 1 number. I'm going to compare parts with a local buddy who just happens to have one of his engines apart as well, then get the right chain coming.

I also impulse bought a Mikuni flatslide but not sure I'll use it right off. Probably use the stock carb for break-in, then swap out and tune the Mikuni.

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Mikuni carbs are top notch. I've messed with some Toro lawn mowers that had Suzuki 2 cycle engines with Mikuni carbs. The quality was on another level compared to the Walbros and Zamas that I'm used to.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I should probably clarify...Mikuni copy, probably from Chyna. Quality to be determined once it's actually in hand. The design is top notch and there's plenty of support for tuning though.
These TWs used one type of carb from '87-'01 and another CV from '02-present. They're all smog tuned and run okay, but not great. I've never been inside either of mine but my blue bike runs noticeably better than the white bike that's getting the 225 swap. I suspect the blue bike is jetted. Once I know the engine is solid, I'll rabbit-hole the Mikuni upgrade.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Did some tree work today. Took out 2 apple trees that don't produce. The other tree is some kind of ornamental crabapple(?) that's good for nothing but growing sideways, blocking the sun for my Asian pear tree, and ripping out my earbuds when I mow around it. Looks like I can add 6 fruit trees in full sun now.

I'm stalled on the TTRWXT225 engine build until parts get delivered. Meanwhile, my dad just keeps chipping away on his '37. He's done bunch over the last few months. Decided to fill a bunch of holes and clean up the firewall and it's totally rewired now. He changed his mind on the color and finished the dash. The unused hole got plugged with a 1937 Walking Liberty.

He says he wants to be done by April 15th, and it looks like he'll probably make it.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Purely unnecessary upgrade. TW is getting a TTR/XT hybrid engine swap. Main reason is the 6th gear, second is the 30% power bump. The TW, TTR, and XT share the same engine architecture but different frames. Just so happens that the XT headpipe is stainless and a little thicker (quieter) than the TW and the correct shape to fit. Snagged a filthy one off ebay for a really good price. Spent some time today seeing if I could improve the cosmetics.

Good enough for who it's for. I'm not polishing it.

• Winner
  • Wow

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*

I mocked it up to inventory fasteners and such. Looks like I need to place yet another order.

Reactions: 5 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Purely unnecessary upgrade. TW is getting a TTR/XT hybrid engine swap. Main reason is the 6th gear, second is the 30% power bump. The TW, TTR, and XT share the same engine architecture but different frames. Just so happens that the XT headpipe is stainless and a little thicker (quieter) than the TW and the correct shape to fit. Snagged a filthy one off ebay for a really good price. Spent some time today seeing if I could improve the cosmetics.

Good enough for who it's for. I'm not polishing it.
you don't like polishing your pipe?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Worked in Seattle Wednesday and Thursday and took the long way home to see the guys at my old shop. Even got a chance to hang out with my old favorite money-maker. Turned the rotors on the Supervibe, plus a backup pair that I have, and also the rotors for the Smell Camino.

My old boss was cleaning out his deceased brother's storage unit and came across something he had no use for. I traded him an 18 pack of Coors Light. Mixed batch of 300+.

Left the shop about 6:15 and was in my own bed a short 7hrs later.

But while I was gone, this happened at home...

5 trees from the row of 9, plus another by the shop next to the tractor. Best before and after I can find.

It looks kind of weird to me now but it'll fill out soon. Time to buck up the wood and finish the fencing.

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor