Gray Man, Inc.

Nov 4, 2012
Stopped by my brother's shop on Monday. He's got the S-10 dropped. He grabbed a nice bumper, grille, and headlight bezels at the yard, along with a complete set of lower rubber trim. He also snagged a perfect Tahoe trim dash and door panels. Mechanically, it needs
the torque converter seal replaced. Not a hard job, but kind of a hassle. A hard to spot detail is the registration tag on the front plate. He peeled off all but the very first one, 1984.

I really like this project. I'm entirely unfamiliar with the minitruck world. I'd have never thought to put Corvette wheels on it but they look great.

Refresh my memory, what motor and trans is in that truck?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
No I won't. I swore myself off of GMT400s. They are good trucks, but I just can't shake the bad taste from the last one I owned.

I still like to kick tires though.

Just the opposite here, I have 3 and his is a rare bird.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I really like this project. I'm entirely unfamiliar with the minitruck world. I'd have never thought to put Corvette wheels on it but they look great.

Refresh my memory, what motor and trans is in that truck?
The gross carbureted 2.8 v-6 and TH200.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Just the opposite here, I have 3 and his is a rare bird.
He's had it on Marketplace for a couple weeks priced at $5500. Nothing but lowballers so far. It's certainly not perfect, but better than most. Fresh transmission with upgraded parts, new tires, new axles and bearings, resealed engine, all in the last 3000 miles. The interior is really nice. No rust, but the paint has issues on the tailgate and LF fender. If it were mine, I'd be watching the yards for another hood and LF fender in blue. Otherwise, pretty decent truck.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
He's had it on Marketplace for a couple weeks priced at $5500. Nothing but lowballers so far. It's certainly not perfect, but better than most. Fresh transmission with upgraded parts, new tires, new axles and bearings, resealed engine, all in the last 3000 miles. The interior is really nice. No rust, but the paint has issues on the tailgate and LF fender. If it were mine, I'd be watching the yards for another hood and LF fender in blue. Otherwise, pretty decent truck.

I wouldn't take a nickel less than asking price. Try and list it to a more out east audience and they'll beat your door down for the thing.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The local market is ridiculous. Buyers want it for nothing and sellers think they're sitting on gold. I know it's like that everywhere, but it's more extreme here for some reason. Also, these trucks haven't appreciated here yet like they have in other markets. They aren't cool, they're just old. You're probably right, based on what I've seen, it'd sell easy in the East.

Even though it belongs to my dad, I did 90% of the work on it. We just don't need it around anymore. The ugly Ram made it obsolete for towing and hauling.

Nov 4, 2012
That thing would sell in 24 hours here at that price. You can't even find one that doesn't have a ton of rust, and if you do they want $10k+ for it. The ones for sale in the $5-6k range here are four different colors of Rustoleum, won't pass inspection, cats are cut off, and they need towed.

That one is a nice example too. Later model, Vortec motor, 4WD, right cab/bed combo, and a nice color.

• Agree

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That thing would sell in 24 hours here at that price. You can't even find one that doesn't have a ton of rust, and if you do they want $10k+ for it. The ones for sale in the $5-6k range here are four different colors of Rustoleum, won't pass inspection, cats are cut off, and they need towed.

That one is a nice example too. Later model, Vortec motor, 4WD, right cab/bed combo, and a nice color.

And 8 lug in that wheelbase was a 2 year deal, so that alone makes it worth more. But only if the buyer is willing to pay.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor