Ground Effects ......Lauren Engineering WHERE ARE YOU!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
MANY years ago, I parted out a 1985 Oldsmobile cutlass that had H/O emblems, spoiler kit, ground effects and ASC installed T Tops. I had posted about this car in an earlier post a couple years ago, trying to figure out exactly what I had, I believe member 69hurstolds chimed in on it and knew exactly what is was, he's extremely knowledgeable on the Oldsmobile's, he shared if I'm remembering correctly, that this package could be added to any Cutlass from like 82-88 and not many were made.

I purchased this Oldsmobile after an older local lady drove it from practically new, year round, to its near demise after years of New England winters. It was a sharp car, black and the ground effect kit etc.. I purchased it after she took it off the road and just sitting in her drive, I parted it out, tucked all the ground effects and ASC T-tops and frame etc.. away in storage. I'm not sure if these packages were made or produced by Lauren or not, perhaps ASC??...pretty cool just the same.

Would love to go back in time and purchase some of these kits for todays market, I'm sure some individuals would love one for their beloved G.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
MANY years ago, I parted out a 1985 Oldsmobile cutlass that had H/O emblems, spoiler kit, ground effects and ASC installed T Tops. I had posted about this car in an earlier post a couple years ago, trying to figure out exactly what I had, I believe member 69hurstolds chimed in on it and knew exactly what is was, he's extremely knowledgeable on the Oldsmobile's, he shared if I'm remembering correctly, that this package could be added to any Cutlass from like 82-88 and not many were made.

I purchased this Oldsmobile after an older local lady drove it from practically new, year round, to its near demise after years of New England winters. It was a sharp car, black and the ground effect kit etc.. I purchased it after she took it off the road and just sitting in her drive, I parted it out, tucked all the ground effects and ASC T-tops and frame etc.. away in storage. I'm not sure if these packages were made or produced by Lauren or not, perhaps ASC??...pretty cool just the same.

Would love to go back in time and purchase some of these kits for todays market, I'm sure some individuals would love one for their beloved G.
I think it was this thread:

It might have been an Action Products kit from Hurst Specialty Vehicles if it came with the H/O emblems, as there were two places that made them, IIRC. One in Arizona, the other in Michigan. It was another one of Doc Watson's ideas on how to keep the Hurst/Olds alive. But if it was placed on anything other than a 1988, it would be considered a Hurst/Aero.

Look up the "88 Hurst/Olds" and you'll see what it looked like. That can help you determine what kind of parts you got. Everyone used to be in the ground effects business back then, it seemed, so unless there's someone's company name on a tag or molded in or something, it may be hard to determine.

• Informative

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019

It might have been an Action Products kit from Hurst Specialty Vehicles if it came with the H/O emblems, as there were two places that made them, IIRC. One in Arizona, the other in Michigan. It was another one of Doc Watson's ideas on how to keep the Hurst/Olds alive. But if it was placed on anything other than a 1988, it would be considered a Hurst/Aero.

Look up the "88 Hurst/Olds" and you'll see what it looked like. That can help you determine what kind of parts you got. Everyone used to be in the ground effects business back then, it seemed, so unless there's someone's company name on a tag or molded in or something, it may be hard to determine.
Appreciate you taking the time to explain, a lot of knowledge and history right there. Ill have to pull the ground effects out of storage and take a look at them, I only saved the rocker and door panel ones, and I believe the rear one too, but that is in desperate need of repair.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I remember back in the day one of those front of the magazine stories in Car Craft that was about those Doc Watson cars. I always thought that was the final form of an H/O.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I remember looking through the Lauren Engineering catalog, what awesome kits could be had for our beloved G- Body cars back in the day.....you would THINK there would be a company today who would want to jump on this opportunity and make some good monies, there defiantly is a market and, the G bodies are in their prime now, and years to come, so why not!!?? Just baffled no company wants to offer up something that would be a great seller....Adding pictures, NOT MINE, of some cars with Lauren Engineering packages on them.

View attachment 206757 View attachment 206758 View attachment 206759 View attachment 206760

First pic looks a lot like my Regal, minus the fiberglass body accessories.

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019

Its funny we should be talking this week about these packages and the " 1985 H/O " I owned, I was at lunch this week and spotted this "1982 Oldsmobile H/O". Has the same spoiler kit my 1985 had that I parted out. Picture below of it

1663356207150.png

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I'm doing my 87 442 in the 1983 Hurst Olds style. I was lucky to find an original hood scoop that I paid too much for. The front ground kit is even worse to find and pay for. I found the last Monte (non SS) kit that looks about identical to it at a store on line. It's better than paying through the nose, so I'll make it work. I hate that all these different specialty shops are going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor