Gun scopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
CamaroAdam73 said:
I'm actually looking for a rifle, a .308 to be specific!

Remington 700 SPS, 26" heavy barrel in .308 #84218 is one I've been wanting to buy for awhile. I got off my gun craze and back into cars so it was put on the back burner. If you want to customize something you have plenty of room to play with it.

The 700 is what lots of PD's, the Marine Corps (M40) and Army (M24) use as a base for sniper rifles. Obviously barrel and caliber differences are optional.

Ruger just came out with a scout rifle in .308

Combined effort between Ruger and Gunsite.

It's a real nice rifle with alot of nice options for around $700.

Magizine fed with bolt action iron sights along with a scope mounts and a front picatinny rail.

It has the M77 receiver/extractor that fire those huge caliber rounds along with a hammer forged barrel.

Could be possibly the best scout type rifle ever designed.

The Rem 700's are nice but they have a safety flaw in there trigger design that might allow the rifle to fire as you put the safety on.

It has been a well kept secret for many years and a little over 20,000 Rem 700's have had this happen to them.

M1 is nice but if it not a National Match like megaladon6 said. I wouldn't waste my time with one.

LRB is one of the best M1 recievers you can buy, and they sell for a reasonable price.

yeah, if you want a sniper level rifle, a marine spec m-40 is about the best there is (kinda hard for a civilian to get though lol). the "official" rating is 1000yrds, but it'll go a hell of a lot farther. of course for max range there's the barrett and macmillian .50's and one of those 2 make one in about .480-.490 that goes even farther.
the real irony of the .50 sniper rifles (which holds the record for longest shot--done by a canadian in afghanistan) is that the 2nd longest shot on record was done with a LINE .50 browning in vietnam. all they did to it was bolt on a scope. granted the barrett's and mac are quite a bit smaller and lighter.

Didn't go with a .308, couldn't find one. I got a Remmington 30-06 instead! :mrgreen: My friend's going to help me set it up, bore sight..ext. It's the synthetic stock, not wood 🙁 . Bolt action, do they make a 30-06 that's not bolt action?

Holy REDNECK....If you need a scope then the threat is too far away from you.......If your not a Law Enforcement Officer or in your own home.....You as a civilian have to retreat.......Not trying to piss anyone off here....Only Saying 8)

CamaroAdam73 said:
, do they make a 30-06 that's not bolt action?

M1 Garand
Benelli R1
Remington 7400

and there are others

83hurst-olds said:
JBreu said:
You as a civilian have to retreat

Not in good states that have the "make my day" law. I can stand and fire 'til my barrel melts down or I run out of ammo (the first is more likely to happen).
I bet if someone is merely trespassing on your land, You shoot and kill them....You'll have your time in prison...The Clint Eastwood days are over my Friend................This link will explain what I'm saying......If your not in your "HOME" you must retreat...http://www.oksenate.gov/news/National_M ... 41031.html

It is called Castle Doctrine. You have a right to security and expect absolute security and NO DUTY TO RETREAT. I think if you went out and hunted someone down on your back 40, then yes, you will have legal issues (though these have been acquited here in OK). However, if YOU are there protecting yourself or family, then you are in the right.

Even if I am not, I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Oklahoma is a gun friendly state (which is why I am here). I am enjoying my class III full-auto suppressed guns, while those in some major cities can't even have a hand gun. There have been major pro-gun victories here in OK (and most other states over the past decade), and a lot of them made since the link you posted though it partially made my point. Here's my link for your reading pleasure:
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69782

83hurst-olds said:
while those in some major cities can't even have a hand gun.

Our handgun ban just got lifted in 2010. It's really dirty how they went about it though. You have to be signed off on attending a safety class (about $125), then you have to apply for a Chicago firearms permit (another $100 or so, good for 3 years), then you have to pay $30 registration fee per gun, per year. You have to go to a local district station and get a registration form, get them notarized, and include 2 passport photos per form and a copy of your state Firearm Owners ID. One form per firearm too. Shotguns and rifles have to get registered if you want to remain legal in the city. No auto-loaders, no semi-auto rifles. Pumps, break open and bolt action only. IIRC, possession of semi-autos is a felony.

If that's not bad enough, there's a standing ammo restriction that places like Midway, Natchez, Cheaper than Dirt, etc have to abide by when it comes to shipping ammo here. I don;t know if they changed it since the handgun ban was lifted, but it sucked. There's even a magazine capacity restrictions too.

It's so much of a pain in the *ss to own a gun here that I lost interest in it until I move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor