Gun scopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
G-Body_Vet said:
It's so much of a pain in the *ss to own a gun here that I lost interest in it until I move.

Then they are winning my friend. At least the possibility is moving forward. Not everyone can live in great states that are great about everything. I have grown up in the midwest and proud of it. Hunting has been a way of life for me for nearly 35 years. There are those in this country who don't understand it, and what they don't understand, they fear.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
83hurst-olds said:
G-Body_Vet said:
It's so much of a pain in the *ss to own a gun here that I lost interest in it until I move.

Then they are winning my friend. At least the possibility is moving forward. Not everyone can live in great states that are great about everything. I have grown up in the midwest and proud of it. Hunting has been a way of life for me for nearly 35 years. There are those in this country who don't understand it, and what they don't understand, they fear.

Let me re-phrase that; I've lost interest in acquiring more for the time being. I'll never be without. I'm a jarhead veteran so I have a particularly close relationship with guns :lol:

I would hate to have to put someone down, but in this day and age, the economy, job losses, rising home invasions and violent crimes; I'll be damned if I can't protect myself inside my own dwelling. The dog is just the early warning system.

As JBreu said though, criminal trespass and home invasion/burglary are two different animals. Part of our gun stipulation is that they remain in the house, doesn't include yard or garage.

83hurst-olds

G-Body Guru
Oct 19, 2010
near Oklahoma City, OK
G-Body_Vet said:
83hurst-olds said:
G-Body_Vet said:
As JBreu said though, criminal trespass and home invasion/burglary are two different animals. Part of our gun stipulation is that they remain in the house, doesn't include yard or garage.

Read the link I posted above. Here, it states ANYWHERE you or your family are. It can be in a vehicle, even in a tent. Yes, like I agreed to above, if you shoot someone trespassing on your back forty acres and you are not threatened, then no you are not in the right (although that has been done here several times and the people got away with it). I taught Oklahoma SDA (self defence act) for a while and am quite versed in it.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Here's what i know, and I've been told this by state police, As long as it can be considered self defense i'll be fine. If someone comes un-welcome into my home i can shoot to kill, period. And i know OF people in this area, that have been in the situation, and the intruderS did die. One of the spot, the other in the hospital.

I think someone misunderstood me, i bought my 30-06 for hunting/ sport, not for home defense, did you REALLY think i bought a 30-06 for ****ing protection? against what iron man? lol

As for the castle law, I'm almost positive that stands in my homestate, south Carolina. about 2-3 years ago there was a big thing about it, two guys where trespassing on private property, don't know why or what they where doing, but the owner shot and killed both of them with a rifle, and never got any chargers. Happened near Beaufort county if you don't believe me look it up.

oh and jberu, the only reason i was interested in a scope for my shotgun was for a different type of shooting, as in swap out my barrel for a riffled one and see how far i can accurately pound slugs through a target. But my iron sights will do just fine

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Just thought i should share this, i bought gun parts from this company http://www.atigunstocks.com/Default.aspx

They really talk their products up, and in actuality they are cheap as hell. I purchased the collapsible Stock and for-end kit for my mossberg 590, because i was missing my stock attachment, and having the gun with only a pistol grip is ****ing useless, trust me. Well, for starters i got the For-end kit with rail attachments so i could attach the for-end post grip i bought from them http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-110-foren ... -grip.aspx this one, It pops off every time you shoot the gun, and it's attached correctly.

As for the new stock, it's big bulky, hollow and feels cheap. The "scorpion buttbad" is just a piece of rubber, that falls off if you don't find a way to make it stay on. other than that i guess the parts aren't bad.

End of this story, i work with composites, i build airplanes, composites are fiberglass/carbon fiber....ext for anyone that doesn't know, so i took my gun in and modified all the parts to work correctly and still look very nice. So don't buy there sh*t, it's cheap, and i grantee you won't EVER ****ing find a military or police unit with guns that have those parts, because from the factory they are totally un-reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor