Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
chech firing order /plug wires in order. check timing. what he said ^

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
check base of carb to intake - right gasket? spead bore carb on square bore intake? was an adpeter used to put the DP on?

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
A lot of good advice in this thread for a starting point.

Any hissing sound while idling? Check that carb gasket at SSpev said.
Also check your firing order is correct as the others said. Make sure all wires are attached properly.
I'd even remove your cap and check your rotor for any damage or if it's even secured tightly. Is your distributor bolt tight? Can you rotate the dist by hand?

I've had to drive some gbodys with the CCC carb/dist without ECM, and while they drove like dogs, they were still drivable.

Reactions: 1 users

Thediggsmang

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2019
It was way to rich. When I would step on the gas from park she would fall flat on her face. All you could smell was gas. I replaced the vacuum lines. This is my first old vehical to fix up. I figured with all of the interior complete and the body having no rust and no major dents (which I have found out is where the real big money is spent. You can keep them running for fairly cheap but make them look as good as they run and your looking at dumping some cash) it would make a good starter vehical to fix up and make her my "motorcycle pickup and tow truck." Which she has done very well. What's sucks is getting a car that someone else has already done work to and someone like me who knows enough to keep it out of a shop. It's frustrating. I don't know if all the vacuum lines are hooked up and hooked up properly. I don't know if it's even the original engine. Not to mention what they did to wiring and all that. I was hoping my buddy helping I would learn Alot. Now I'm stuck figuring it all out by myself. Which I'm sure I can. Just going to take time. I'm losing interest fast. For over a month I've been here every single day while my buddy dicks off on his cell phone and chasing nasty women. While I'm sittiing out there trying to learn Japanese by myself. I got off topic. Sorry. I replaced what vacuum lines were hooked up with new ones. As for the distributor I'm not even sure how to tell which lead goes to which plug. Mine has some numbers on it. I'll take some pics and leave them on here. Thank you all for the great responses and so quickly.

Thediggsmang

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2019
Those are of my distributor of course.

Attachments

• KIMG0009.JPG
    KIMG0009.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
  • KIMG0010.JPG
    KIMG0010.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 155

Thediggsmang

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2019
This is the mess of wires that I have no idea about. They are strung out on the passenger side of the engine and come from various places there.

Attachments

• KIMG0014.JPG
    KIMG0014.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 155

Thediggsmang

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2019
These are the wires that seem to come from the back of the fuse box and light switch.

Attachments

• KIMG0013.JPG
    KIMG0013.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 136

Thediggsmang

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2019
First pic is of wires coming from around blower motor. Second is of some random plug that I have no idea what it goes to and the third is another pic of all those random wires strung out.

Attachments

• KIMG0016.JPG
    KIMG0016.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
  • KIMG0015.JPG
    KIMG0015.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 155
  • KIMG0017.JPG
    KIMG0017.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor