BUILD THREAD HAFRODs 1987 Monte Carlo SS project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
You know, some might look at that and say, "that's not too bad, there's some rust here and there" but wow! that's a daunting task to fix all those areas with either hand fabbed patches or pieces cut off other cars. Hats off to you!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I went through my magic attic and found a few big face Delco radios. I want a stock radio but wasn't sure exactly what it looked like. I looked at Google images and it seems to be a matte face. The buttons are black but have silver inserts. I have a radio with equalizer from a late 80s Cadillac. The face looks the same except it says symphony sound and has full chromed buttons. I just spent about 2 hours disassembling two radios to swap the small buttons. I polished each button and cleaned every area. It looks fantastic for its age but I don't have the volume and tune knobs. I believe they are specific to Monte Carlos with the silver insert having a beveled edge. I don't mind the Symphony Sound logo but wonder if it's got a better built in amp???

20180204_202815_resized.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Went to a U Pull It yard today and got a Jeep Shaft. Less than $20 and it was the only one there. I did this on my Salon and liked how much cleaner it looked. There was an El Camino and an 86 Regal there but they were stripped already.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Been sick the last couple days. Feeling better this morning. Got my T top seals and channels from Dixie yesterday. I checked the front outside corner of the seal and it's flat. Now I can rebuild the rusted ends. Looks like 34 degrees for the high today. I still have a mess in the garage to clean up before I can get the Monte in there with room to work. I have been sick but still managed to clean and polish small parts in the house. Today I may stay inside again. Tomorrow is supposed to be 55 so I might get out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor