BUILD THREAD HAFRODs 1987 Monte Carlo SS project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I never heard that before of putting the transmission in park while driving to lossen the stuck overdrive. I thought like you said that the car would lock up and you would be doing a four wheel drift off the road. Or your teeth stuck to the dash? Did the tech mention, or do you know, is there a built in safety to protect the drivetrain against an accidental push of the lever from D to P at speed? I am sure *ss hell not going to find out for myself! When you mentioned it I thought it was the craziest thing I ever heard. But it worked.....unbelievable.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Check out my budget cloth seat and door panel fix vids. I just don't have the money right now to buy new repop upper door panels and seat covers. They turned out freakin awesome. It will get me by for a while.

• Informative
Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Looking forward to seeing the progress

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I tried to do a little bit today but it's just too cold in the driveway. Going to do some shuffling around to get it in my garage. This way I can get on it at least 10 hours a day. I'd like to be driving it by March 1st. After I did this video, I found the front T top weatherstrip channels at Dixie so I ordered both along with the new T top complete weatherstrip set. I'm really fired up to get going on this car but the weather has me on hold. Getting it in my garage will be a game changer. Here's the video from this morning

Reactions: 2 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Went through 4 big totes and numerous boxes last night to inventory stuff. I separated everything to its area of the car like engine compartment, body, interior, and chassis. This will make it go faster on reassembly. I have extra new parts that will go on my 79 Turbo Century like upper and lower ball joints, brake hoses, calipers, rotors, bearings, and shocks. Even have all the stuff to redo the rear axle with new brake stuff and seals. I'd bought all this stuff to build the 85 hard top SS which now is not getting built. Got a friend coming over at 9 to help me shuffle some cars. Going to get the 87 Monte in the garage to start the 30 day build. I WILL be driving this car by March 1st. I will be doing a video just about every day. Grab some popcorn cause it's ON :wax: :banana::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Reactions: 10 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I did make room to move one vehicle into my fence. I got everything used out today to compare them and pick out the best. It actually took all day and nowhere near finished. I separated out all the engine components and matched up all the bolts. Then those got tagged and bagged. Went through my box of distributor junk and found a brand new Accell cap and rotor. The only thing that bugs me is the only set of fairly new plug wires I have are some YELLOW 8mm Accells (YUK). I HATE yellow plug wires but they're here so going to use them. They are 45 degree boots to work with the manifolds. I know, I know, plug wires are cheap but I still have to license the car, get insurance on it, get a windshield and urethane, and some paint supplies. I have crap out everywhere but put all the best picked parts together in my spare bedroom.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor