HAFRODs 78 Aeroback Salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Great job ! Color combo is very attractive. Its good to see something different. pagrunt has the right idea with a 400 sbc. Well it would give U something to do over the winter. Ha, ha.
I must have missed something :confused:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Only thing I can think is. You should sign the car some were before you clear it. That way when you become a famous car builder it will be worth more. Keep the cost down I want to buy the Centry when you're done.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow!! I'm flabbergasted. I'm sad to see it go, but like you said, the money will help complete your other project(s).
I'll be following your Turbo Buick Century build.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

BuickOldsPontiac

Master Mechanic
Oct 14, 2011
Sterling Heights, MI
I wasn't expecting to hear that, but I might just have done the same thing (assuming I had the skills you did) in that situation. I was hoping to see pictures of this and the Turbo Century sitting next to each other.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
AC Delco missed a huge opportunity limiting this campaign to 15 years old and newer. The Aeroback would have blown away any of the late model 'restorations'. Although, by letting it go now, it will always remain perfect in your mind. By the way, you set the standard the rest of us aspire to match.

AC Delco.JPG

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm glad I got to see it in person. I thought I would see it again. Wish I had had a chance for you to take me for a ride in it that weekend. Congratulations. It is a beautiful car.

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Because I absolutely love getting gas in a Grand National and someone walking up and telling me how nice my Monte Carlo is :rofl:
Took me 3 tries to click agree. Damn phone. Lol. I've had my regal called a monte a fair amount of times. First couple get a chuckle. Other times its just "cmon man it says Buick on it in like 8 places!"

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Man, I get it the other way. Everybody thinks the Monte is a Grand National.

When I had both a black Turbo Buick and black MCSS I would always get: "nice Buick/nice Monte" when driving the other car. My response was always: "Thanks, but this isn't a Monte/Buick - I left that one at home..." Jaws would drop and I would drive off.

It is a shame that the Salon is gone. But, you seem like a builder not a collector. So congrats on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor