Handling like a Vette...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I was budget minded when I did all the suspension on my malibu. But it has paid off and then some and I didn't pay the amount of some of those kits. As mentioned, it really depends on how much your willing to spend. Do you plan on keeping this car for the rest of your life or possibly selling it later down the road? I know I will be keeping my car as I've got more money tied in it then I will ever get back, but at the same time I'm collecting parts for my 71' Roadrunner, and I'm 19 so my income is a lot less then most of the guys up here. :lol:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
for a reasonable budget I'd go with higher spring rates and to drop the vehicle about 1.5" in the front and 1" in the back....a 1.41" front sway bar from a GTA Trans Am, Afco shocks, UB tubular uppers and polyurethane bushings. A quick ratio box and if you have access to a welder box the rear control arms. For the camber stetting I set it at - .05 to -1*. You should be able to do this set up for under $1000.00 and I think you'll be surprised at the handling....

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
pontiacgp said:
for a reasonable budget I'd go with higher spring rates and to drop the vehicle about 1.5" in the front and 1" in the back....a 1.41" front sway bar from a GTA Trans Am, Afco shocks, UB tubular uppers and polyurethane bushings. A quick ratio box and if you have access to a welder box the rear control arms. For the camber stetting I set it at - .05 to -1*. You should be able to do this set up for under $1000.00 and I think you'll be surprised at the handling....
Be sure to get the F41 goodies. I went from a non-F41 setup (narrow front/no rear sway bar, no braces) to using the pair that went from the crossmember (found the "GP" brace for across the front some time later) to the frame horns, a 34mm F-Body sway bar (there are 3 different sizes, 30, 34 and 36, I couldn't find a 36 @ the bone yard), stock rear sway bar and a set of Hotchkis springs... car felt like it was on rails afterwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor